4。play

"Goshiki, what is your class doing for the school festival that's coming up?" Semi asked the bowl cut boy as they sat on the floor— resting after another gruesome practice session. Nearby, the other members listened— curious as to what their first year boy and manager's class were doing.

"We're doing a play," Goshiki responded after drinking out of his water bottle.

"I bet Goshiki is playing townsperson B or tree A," Shirabu walked over and snickered. Semi laughed nervously, but then he turned to the first year boy again.

"What play are you doing?"

"We're doing Sleeping Beauty— and," Goshiki's face paled as he faced his upperclassmen.

"And?"

"[L/n] is the female lead." A hush fell over the Shiratorizawa volleyball club members. They all know how the fairy tale goes and they all surely know how it ends. A kiss.

"Who is the male lead then?" Tendo asked as his eyes narrowed slightly. The members all looked at Goshiki— expecting an answer. Goshiki sweat-dropped.

It was weird seeing the Shiratorizawa volleyball club members all sitting in a row in the gym where the play would be held. Some students wondered why the elites came to watch a mere first year play. But others came to a conclusion it was because that their first year members were in it... However, why was the infamous demon coach there?

"Tendo, hush," Ohira said as he nudged the red haired boy that was next to him.

"Goshiki is so stiff!" Tendo said as he covered his mouth. His shoulders were visibly shaking up and down as he tried to suppress his laughter.

"Can't believe bowl-cut boy is the prince out of everyone," Shirabu mumbled as he folded his arms together. "He should've been tree A..."

"Shirabu shhhh!"

"Ohhh here comes the kiss scene!"

On stage, Goshiki was trembling as he looked at the [h/c] haired girl who had her eyes closed. Although his back was towards the audience, Goshiki could still feel the dagger-like stares from his team. All he needed to do was to kiss [Y/n] on the cheek and nothing else. That's it... it's simple right?

"Goshiki really did it," Kawanishi said.

"B-but his face is a tomato—" Tendo whispered in between fits of laughter. "I need to take a photo later..."

At first, Goshiki was happy to be able to play the role as the prince. But if he had known that this would happen, then he would probably have turned down the role. "Tsutomu, fifty more laps for you," Washijo instructed Goshiki on their first practice after the school festival ended. "Fifty more serves too."

"Y-yes!"

"He's on his own," Yamagata said as he looked at the first year running around the court. "We can't help him..."

"Goshiki needs more practice," Ushijima voices out. "The more the better."

"Hmmm I think that's a bit too much," [Y/n] said as she handed Shirabu his towel.

"No. [L/n] you're too soft on him. He should get another fifty more," Shirabu plainly said.

[Y/n] sweat-dropped at her team. It's not that she had planned on telling them, but this just convinced her to not tell them about the incident that happened during practice of Sleeping Beauty— especially her grandpa. Looking at Goshiki with pity, [Y/n] sighed as she placed a finger over her lips. The poor boy was nervous to the point that he missed kissing her cheek. Instead he kissed her directly on the lips.

Nodding to herself, [Y/n] vowed to keep this a secret. After all, who knows how the team and her grandfather would act if they find out...?

A/n: there is a fukurodani one now :)))