𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢. 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐘

Celina followed timidly behind her therapist, Michael, into his office. She hadn't seen him in years and was sure he would scold her about it but she needed to talk to him or else she was gonna lose her mind, especially after last night. As they entered the room, he motioned towards the familiar brown leather couch that sat in the middle of the room across from a single chair that matched.

"Have a seat," Michael said warmly after closing the door behind them.

She smiled as she tried to mask her nervousness while taking a seat on the edge of the couch, pulling her black crossbody bag over her head and placing it next to her.

Michael went to his desk to collect his notebook and pencil, "It's nice to see you again, Celina. I thought you would never come back after you got engaged to that popstar—what was his name?"

He looked to the ceiling for a moment and snapped his fingers together as he tried to remember who Celina was engaged to when she stopped coming to her sessions. After a few moments, she decided to just tell him, "His name was Zayn, Zayn Malik."

He nodded, sending Celina a smile at the memory of the young gentleman who tried disguising himself with a black hoodie and sunglasses when he picked her up from her last session.

He let out a chuckle, "He seemed like a good kid from the way you spoke about him, which was often very little... but nonetheless. I hope you two are still going strong."

Celina watched the older man take a seat across from her in the single chair with a blank expression. The overwhelming feeling of regret washed over her as Michael flipped through his journal to find a new page. It had only now occurred to her how long it had been since she'd been here and of why she had began to start seeing a therapist to begin with.

Her first session was of her own freewill four years ago when she hit a wall in life. She had been wanting to release her own music, but she couldn't find anyone who was willing to sign her or give her a chance because no one took her seriously.

Elijah recommended that she see a therapist because it helped him to speak to someone who he didn't know too personally. He felt as though he wasn't judged as harshly as he would be by his friends and even their family. Celina went to many therapists before Michael, but stuck with him because she felt safe in his hands. She always knew he'd give her the harsh truth even if she didn't want to hear it.

"So, let's get right into it," Michael began, crossing his legs and resting his arm that held his notebook on the armrest and his other hand gripping the pen just inches away from the paper, "What brings you here after so long?"

Celina let out a low breath, looking down at her lap as she thought about what brought her back here. she honestly didn't have one solid reason besides Zayn. He was her main reason.

"Zayn and I broke up about a year ago," She spoke quietly but Michael still heard her. He lifted his gaze from his notebook and gave the blonde girl a sympathetic smile.

"I'm so sorry to hear that."

Celina shrugged, "It's just... I don't know how to explain it. With Zayn, everything felt so perfect sometimes. He truly was the person I saw myself spending eternity with and now that we're not together anymore, I feel like a part of me is missing in a sense." She took a pause as she looked up at the man who's grey hairs were becoming more and more visible with time, seeing an all too knowing look on his face.