𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐎 𝐀 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐌𝐄

❝𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐀 𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐎 𝐀 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐌𝐄, 𝐈'𝐋𝐋 𝐏𝐔𝐋𝐋 𝐘𝐎𝐔
𝐈𝐍, 𝐈 𝐏𝐔𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐎 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔
𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘.❞

The sound of a cellphone vibrating on the nightstand slowly woke Celina out of her slumber. She had no idea what time it was, but considering how tired she still felt, she was sure it was in the early hours. Since being in New York she had gotten little to no sleep because she was still working so hard to promote her debut album across the world, while also trying to balance her personal life and take care of herself.

She quietly groaned as to not wake Brooklyn before wiping the sleep out of her eyes with the back of her hand. She reached over to grab her phone that was illuminating the room and was surprised to see it was Zayn's youngest sister, Safaa, calling. She furrowed her eyebrows and checked the time at the top of her screen which just made her even more confused. She hadn't spoken to Safaa in months so her calling at three in the morning obviously meant it was something important.

Celina sluggishly took her phone off the charger, answering the call in the process and placed it to her ear. Almost immediately she heard the sound of what she could only assume was glass breaking and people shouting.

"Hello?" Safaa's small voice came out as a whisper, almost like she was scared to talk any louder than she was. Celina immediately sat up in her bed, concerned for Safaa's well being.

"Hello? Are you alright, bear?" The blonde girl questioned cautiously, using a nickname that they'd both grown fond of over the years. She could hear whimpering through the phone and she grew even more fearful. "Safaa, can you hear me? Are you ok?"

The girl sniffled before replying, "Yes... Um, I'm in the bedroom but Zayn's really scaring me."

Zayn was scaring her? Is that what all that noise in the background was? She hadn't spoken to Zayn since their text message exchange so she wasn't aware of anything he had going on that would be upsetting him.

"He's scaring you? Is that him in the background?"

Safaa sniffled once more. Celina could tell that she was moving from the bedroom because the noise grew much louder. The sound of Zayn shouting at his mom became clear but she couldn't make out what he was shouting at her about. Whatever it was, Trisha wasn't backing down as her voice could be heard shouting back at him.

"Zayn's upset about something, I don't know, but he's been breaking things and shouting at mum for the past hour. I tried to talk to him, but he just pushed me out of the way." Safaa paused, remembering what happened a few moments before she called Celina, "I know it's incredibly inappropriate to ask this, but could you come over and try to talk to him, please? I saw you were in New York and Nania isn't in town, and I don't think he would listen to anyone else besides you right now."

Celina nearly said yes before Safaa could even finished her sentence. It wasn't because she felt inclined to help Zayn but because Safaa was like her own little sister and she didn't wanna leave her in an uncomfortable environment despite the problems with her brother.

"Of course! I'm going to get dressed now and I'll see you guys in a few minutes, ok? Just try to get your mum away from him."

Safaa nodded even though Celina couldn't see it, "Ok. See you soon... I'll let the people at the front desk know you're coming so they let you right up."

Celina mumbled a quick goodbye before the call ended, pulling the phone from her ear. She got up carefully from the hotel bed and placed her phone in the back pocket of her PJs, still determined not to wake Brooklyn who surprisingly hadn't moved an inch. She scanned the room for her fuzzy white house slippers, quickly finding them behind the bedroom door, and then headed towards the kitchen to get her keys.