Chapter 2

Florence woke up the next morning at around 9 am. She decided to have a lie-in and just have a lazy day, as she didn't have to go to work that day. While making breakfast Florence thought about a conversation she had with a few boys from America that were celebrating a bachelor party. The slightly intoxicated men chatted with Florence about what living in America is like and why the groom and bride decided to have their wedding in Paris. She was told all about the beautiful engagement and about the groom and bride's love story.

Florence wasn't one to believe the whole love at first sight spiel but listening to the groom talk about how he fell for his soon-to-be-wife, truly touched her heart. The group of boys also asked her why she's in Paris and a little about her life. Of course, leaving out the unneeded details of Florence being a witch, she conversed with the group of men about how she had moved to Paris only a year ago and that she lived in England. Being as intoxicated as they were, they tried to mimic Florence's British accent very poorly but she laughed nonetheless at their attempt and just enjoyed being in the company of people who were happy and having a good time.

While daydreaming and making her breakfast Florence was caught off guard when she heard the squawk of an owl coming towards her sitting-room window. She was expecting it to be her family owl, Miles, delivering a letter from her parents.

Her parents sent her a letter every two weeks and it was always on a Saturday morning so she was surprised when she saw a clumsy owl flying towards her window. Without slowing down, the uncoordinated owl crashed abruptly into Florence's window.

She immediately ran towards the poor owl and as she got closer she realised it was an owl she had become very fond of over the years.

"E-Errol?" said Florence with confusion in her voice. "You poor thing, are you okay? Some things never change, do they?"

While Errol got his bearings again, she noticed he had a letter in his beak. Wearily taking the letter she gave the ungraceful owl some treats and sent him away.

Florence stood in her sitting room for a good five minutes staring at the letter with her name on it written with sloppy handwriting, that she only knew to be Fred's.

So many questions swarmed her mind while standing there staring at the slightly yellow letter.

Why would Fred send a letter? How did he find out her location? Did something happen?

Is he going to finally give her shit for leaving England without saying goodbye to him and George?

"Nope, I think avoiding my problems right now sounds much better," she said to herself as she put the letter on her coffee table and went to her kitchen to have her breakfast.

An hour had passed from her getting the letter and she still hadn't opened it.

After a long while, just absentmindedly staring at the letter, she picked it up and decided to open it.

"How bad can it be?" she said, trying to convince herself.

When she opened the letter the familiar scent of fireworks and cinnamon flooded her senses as she started reading.

Florrie,

I know this letter is probably the thing you are least expecting to see right now, but I don't think I can go any longer not writing you something to at least see for myself how you are doing.

Knowing you and how you like to overthink every single bloody situation, you probably only read this letter after, like, four hours of getting it.

"Git," she muttered with a slight smirk.

But anyway, I wanted to check-in and see how you are doing. I know you don't want to talk to anyone but I thought I could be an exception. I mean come on, who would resist talking to Fred Weasley?