Chapter 7

Hey loves, this chapter is shorter than usual, so I wanted to apologise beforehand :(  Anyways, enjoy chapter 7 ! 

~A

After slamming the door shut, Florence leaned back on it and tried to calm herself down. After having the best few days she could have asked for, with coming back, seeing everyone again, and starting her first day at work, that last thing she expected to happen was this.

Fred was never the jealous type. He was protective of her when they were at Hogwarts, but never when it came to the guys she was dating or talking to, he was always one to ignore their existence, so it came as a surprise when Fred had gotten so riled up over Blaise wanting to take her out to dinner. The things that came out of his mouth in the heat of the moment were the last things she expected to hear from someone who went out of their way to send a letter to her, pleading for her to come back.

Once Florence calmed herself down, she made her way over to her wardrobe to pick something to wear. She picked out a simple short-sleeved black dress that ended just above her knees, put on some gold hoop earrings and some plain black shoes. She went over to her bathroom mirror to try and hide the fact that she had been crying just mere moments ago.

She looked awful; eyes bloodshot, the area around her eyes red. Florence hated shedding tears over things like this, but something stung inside her, to where she just couldn't hold it back this time. Pulling out her makeup from the drawer on the right-hand side to the sink, she tried covering up her redness with concealer, reapplied her mascara, and added some other things here and there, like lip gloss, highlighter, and blush.

Once she was done, she looked at the time on the clock on her nightstand and saw that it was a few minutes to seven o'clock. She grabbed her keys, wand, concealer if she needed a touch-up and put it all in her small purse, and headed out her bedroom door. Walking past the living room she saw George joined by Fred on the sofa looking at her while she was walking past. She heard Fred calling out her name, but decided to ignore it, not wanting to be late to meet Blaise and just because she didn't want to speak to Fred at that moment. She walked straight to the door leading downstairs to Diagon Alley and left without saying goodbye.

Once the front door closed, George turned to Fred, who was sitting beside him. "You really fucked this one up mate, you know she never leaves without saying goodbye."

Fred looked at his brother, then covered his face with his hands and let out a sigh. "No shit, Captain Fucking Obvious"

"I'm going to love seeing you try and fix this one," George admitted, patting his brother on the back and then leaving the living room.

"So am I."

~*~

Once Florence got to the front of the shop, Blaise was already stood there waiting for her, leaning up against the wall picking at his nails.

"Punctual as per usual Florence," Blaise said, while turning towards Florence bringing her into a friendly hug. Once they broke away Blaise looked at her with a frown on his face. "Have you been crying?"

She sighed and looked down to the ground, "Is it that obvious? I tried covering it up but clearly, that didn't work."

Blaise looked down at her and let out a little chuckle and put his hand on her shoulder, "Come on let's go get some dinner, and you can tell me all about what Fred did."

"Wait, how did youー"

"Fewer questions, more walking, Bardeau."

After a short stroll down Diagon Alley, the two stopped in front of a quaint restaurant, filled with people inside. They made their way inside, Blaise holding the door for her to walk in first and then proceeding to tread inside the restaurant too. The hostess seated them at a smaller table, next to the window, looking out into Diagon Alley. The hostess took down their orders and left the two at the table to wait for their food. The restaurant was simple but also elegant; a dimly lit space filled with different sized tables for families, couples, friends, a piano not too far away from them, and a bar near the entrance.