I had to scream, but my head was under water.

Tom was having one of those days where he wanted to kill anybody within his five hundred metre radius. Not one of his best days, to be honest.

One of the many reasons for his foul mood was the hindrance on his plan. Someone had destroyed the Basilisk. He wanted to believe that it was professor Dumbledore. But he didn't have any proof against him.

His plan to split his soul and make his first horcrux was already failing. He wanted to be the greatest wizard in the history of magic. But when his very first phase of the plan had failed he had to use all of his will power from going into a killing rampage.

However, Leo had provided him a good distraction. Even though he would never admit it out loud, she did take his mind off of the depressing thoughts about killing people. Though he was not sure if it was a good thing or not.

He didn't know how to feel about Leo. Every night, he would have dreams about letting her go. Leo was the only girl who didn't run away from him even after finding out about his magic. She beat up people who tried to hurt him at the orphanage.

Most of the time she would take the blame for something he did and receive the punishment. If he would ever admit of having a friend, it would be Leo.

But when he knew Leo under the name of Maybelle, he saw her in a different light. He always wanted to be protected by Leo. But once she left him, he knew the earth was no place for the weak people. Maybelle was weak and every time she was hurt, he had the urge to protect her.

He still could not believe that Leo and Maybelle were the same people. She never left him. He was the one who was too lost in his anger and hatred, too blind to see the truth that was right in front of his eyes. Now, he didn't know what to do or what to believe anymore.

Leo was the reason behind his confusion and he wanted to do something to make her feel the same way.

He clenched his teeth as soon as his path was blocked by some random student. Who in the right mind would stand like an idiot in front of a door? Leo would...

He mentally kicked himself for thinking about her again. The girl who was blocking the entrance to the dining hall looked unfamiliar. Well, Tom never really bothered to notice unnecessary people.

He got rid of the deep scowl on his face and pulled his perfect student smile. He cleared his throat and tapped the girl on her shoulder, "Is everything alright?"

The girl jumped and let out a small squeak. Tom immediately frowned. Even her reaction was quite similar to Leo. The girl suddenly straightened up and cleared her throat. She swiftly turned around and faced him.

Tom had to bite the inside of his cheeks in order to maintain his calm expression. However, the perfect student smile had immediately washed off his face.

"I am fine, Riddle," it was none other that Leo who had a smug look on her face.

But that was not why Tom was taken aback. Leo looked nothing like the Leo he knew. Her usual wrinkled skirt and untucked shirt was neatly ironed and looked tidy. The tie around her neck which looked like a dead vine was looking way too neat.

Her usual hair that looked like she had a fight with some wild beast, was combed all through and had light curls through it. Her eye bags were nowhere to be seen. To top it off, her lips were tinted in and unnatural pink colour, unlike her usual chapped ones.

She looked like an entirely different person.

Before Tom could ask which potion she had decided to taste, she flicked her hair hitting him in the face and made her way towards the Ravenclaw table. Tom tried to get rid of the smell of lavender filling his nostrils.