When the nightmare blooms.

The atmosphere was tense at the Wright Manor. When Helena and Andrew thought that their daughter would spend her Christmas with them after many years, they were very delighted. But little did they know that Maybelle had gotten herself into trouble once again and they had no choice but to solve it.

"They deserve to go to Askaban!" Maybelle raised her voice as her hand came down on the wooden table, producing a loud banging sound throughout the empty dining hall.

"If they are sent to Askaban, what do you think will happen to Peter? Where will he stay. He is not old enough to take over the business. Do you want him to live in an orphanage, Maybelle?" Andrew asked, trying his very best to control his rising temper.

"He would stay with his grandmother. We can look after their business till he is old enough. Please, I promised him that I will get him out of there," she pleaded.

"Andrew," Helena finally spoke, "I think Belle is right. We should not let a child suffer like that. Maybe those murderers will kill him too..."

Andrew pursed his lips and started considering his options. None of the ladies spoke a word. Andrew could be pretty scary if he wanted to.

"I will see what I can do. For now, let's have a peaceful dinner," he stated after a long pause.

Maybelle opened her lips and closed them again. She wondered if she should tell him the other important thing.

After hesitating for a while, she finally opened her mouth, "There is this other thing..."

A sigh came out of Andrew's lips. He glanced up expectantly.

"I was...kind of...chased by...a bunch of wizards," she mused, still weary of telling him the exact details.

"What do you mean?"

Fudge it! Just spit it out Leo.

"I went to Hogsmeade and then I followed Tom into the Mirk alley. You know Tom right? My only friend from wool's orphanage. Yeah, we have developed a friendship, sort of. Anyways, so the scary looking witches and wizards were saying something to me about lakes and murders and then I saw Tom being attacked. And then I jumped on top of the two huge men to save him. The-"

"You did what?!" Andrew interrupted.

"Wait, I'm getting there. Where was I again? Oh yeah. I jumped at them and they fell. So, I ran with Tom but then we were cornered once again. So I broke into an antique shop and we hid inside the closet until they were gone," she finished and took a deep breath. She flashed an innocent grin towards the man who looked kind of constipated.

It was almost funny how his face changed from shocked to disbelief and then anger.

"Oh! I almost forgot," Maybelle exclaimed, "Those men were from The Alliance."

"WHAT?!" he shouted and Helena looked like she was a fish out of water.

"The Alliance as in the followers of Grindelwald?"

"Yes."

Silence.

Helena was glaring at her food filled plate and Andrew looked calm. Too calm.

Maybelle was scared, to be honest. All her time in the Wright household, Andrew and Helena had been nothing but kind to her. Sure, they got into petty fights but those always happened in a family.

But that very moment, Andrew looked pissed.

After a very long and uncomfortable silence, Andrew decided to talk.

"You are not going back to Hogwarts."

He waited for the girl to start screaming and shouting but she just looked shocked. Her eyes were wide open. She tried to speak up for a few times but nothing came out of her mouth.