The man behind the mask

(AN: Just wanted to give a big Happy Birthday to
Hailey @the_vamps_are_back
thanks for reading and hope you have a great birthday!)

As my eyes begin to focus I could feel the cold chains around my legs. I tried to sit my self up but the first few attempt didn't work out.

Finally I was able to sit. I surveyed my surroundings."Well doesn't this feel like déjà vu?" I joke to myself. "No kidding" a voice replies.

I quickly turn around to see Christian in the cell beside me. "Christian your okay!" I say in relief. "That much has yet to be determined." He mocks.

"Calm your jets sparky." I joke. He rolls his eyes at me. "Please tell me you have something on you that Dimitri can track." He pleads.

I let out a sigh. "That sounds like a no." Christian says leaning against the wall and I nod. "So we're screwed?" He says ruffling his hair.

"Will figure it out." I say and push myself up. "Rose shouldn't you sit down?" He ask. "Not if we want to find a way out of here." I snap back.

He puts his hands up."okay I surrender." He chuckles. I take a deep breath. "Sorry, pregnant." He nods in understanding.

"We need to get out of here before you Pop." He says and then stands. "I'm going to need you to do something." I say. "What?" He ask.

"Can you melt the lock?" I ask. "I can try." he say. He begins to focus. Suddenly the blanket on the side of my cell catches fire. I quickly move away.

"Sparky I said lock not blanket!" I joke. "Sorry, sorry. Okay I got it this time." He says and then begins to focus again. "Let's hope so." I say under my breath.

At first nothing happens but then the lock begins to turn bright orange as it gets hotter until the hole thing begins to melt. I go to push the door and the lock melt off causing the door to open.

"Good job sparky." I smile. "Thanks." I walk down to his cell door. "Do you think you can do yours without catching anything else on fire?" I joke.

He rolls his eyes at me and then meltes his lock off as well. "Please tell me you have a plan here and you're not just making this up as you go." He says.

"Calm down, I'm Rose Hathaway." I grin and then walk off. Christian grunts behind me and then finally follows.

D.P.O.V

The room was hectic as guardians run around and try figuring out the cause or more to say the person who caused the bombing.

"Will find her." A small voice says. I look up to see Lissa with tears in her eyes. I quickly stand up and hug her. "Of course we will." I say.

She pulls away from me. "This is my fault. If you wouldn't have gone after me she'd still be here." She cries. "It is are job to protect you. It's what we're meant to do Rose knows that just as well." It almost hurts to say the words.

"You would have kept her safe if she didn't make you come and get me." She argues. "Rose is a strong women pregnant or not. We will find her Lissa, trust me." She looks at me for a moment and then nods and quickly hugs me.