Prologue

The sky grew darker as the great tall castle grew brighter. From far, dozens of villages lit up the land of Astoria as it all went down in flames.

The wails of the Astorian citizens rose higher and higher, surrounding the atmosphere of the realm whilst it becomes increasingly thickened by the smog created from the fires.

The young princess glanced around in terror while clutching her parents who whisked her off to safety. In the arms of her father, she sniffled and stiffled her silent sobs as screams of pain rang through her mind. Foreign screams of those trapped in the rising flames and the hot searing pain, anguish, and terror flowed continuously through her body. 

"It's okay sweetheart, we must hurry to safety." Her father held onto her for dear life as they located as many other citizens they could save into a small clearing. Seeing the large clear land, he passed her to her mother and went over to open a portal.

"We'll be safe soon, okay? The soldiers are fighting the monsters far away from here. You shouldn't be scared."

"But mama," She whimpered out as she hugged her mother's neck and sobbed, "everyone here is scared.  They hurt, mama. I feel it,"

The queen sighed as her shaking daughter squeezed her and felt the tears wet her gown. Rocking the small girl, she kissed her forehead and sang a lullaby while using her magic to lull her daughter to sleep.

A dream is a wish your heart makes,

When you're fast asleep,

In dreams you lose your heartaches,

Whatever you wish for, you keep...