XII

'Selene!'

Right before there lips could meet, an unknown voice floated through her mind causing her to look up surprised.

'Help us Selene!'

'Come find us.' 'follow our voice!'

"Do you hear that?" Selene asked suddenly causing Sam to look around confused.

"Hear what?"

"Someone's hurt." Selene looked around as the urgency in the voices became increasingly louder. Her eyes glowed a bright amber unconsciously and she pushed away from the Harvey boy.

Like a trance had hit her, she began to walk away towards the forest; mind completely fuzzy. Her surroundings silenced and all she could hear were the voices calling for her. As she walked, Sam stepped in front of her, grabbing her arms, but all she did was shake it off and continue into the dark.

He quickly took out his phone while following his date into the dark. He knew the dangers of the forest very well after his father had spent years describing what was in it.

"Ter?" he asked once he heard his sister on the end f the call.

"What is it, Sam?" The annoyance could be heard clear as day from Terra, who was still deep in the crowds of the party. The background music was loud and the chattering of students came through the call.

"Something's wrong..." He told his sister while trying to stay on the path. In front for him, Selene passed through the barrier with a glossed over look in her eyes, never once turning back. Alarmed by this, he stops in his tracks and looked out into the dark forest. 

"What? Sam, I can't hear you!"

"She just.... We're in the forest Terra. Tell dad!", and he followed her in.

Close by, unknown from the couple, Bloom and sky stepped into the forest in a foolish act of rage. The fire fairy with a fit of anger and despair as she faced the secrets thrusted upon her the moment she discovered her true history, and the specialist in a hopeless need to save his only parental figure in his life. They were determined to find the burned one that harmed Silva and test out Bloom's theory.

Selene didn't know what was going on or where she was. Her feet took her deep past the tree line while her mind was too busy listening the deafening screams and whispers. Shouts and screams of help that only convinced her soul to continue walking.

Truly, the dejavu set in as flashbacks to her childhood flew past her mind. The fateful night their allies failed them and her kingdom burned in the process. The screams ere all too familiar and she needed to help them. She needed to save her people.

So every step she took, her determination grew. The anger she feels every time she sees her parents hopeless despair when Astoria is mentioned; the mourning they all faced once the gravity if the situation set in. Her mind went back in time and in her trance, she believed that she could reverse this damage. She was going to save her kingdom.

Selene stepped into the clearing at the same time as Bloom and Sky while Sam was still trailing behind. Blooms hand flamed out in freight when she spotted Selene but they died down once she realised who it was. Not really focusing on her roommate or questioning why exactly she was there, Bloom looked around the forest. She could sense it- the burned one.

"It's so close," she exclaimed while listening to the echoing voice drawing her to the clearing.

"I still wanna know why you can track these things!" Sky was instantly surprised by the two other fairies present in the forest and eyed them carefully. The two had been running so he breathlessly drew out his sword in warning. Sam lifted his hands up to convey their innocence wondering why Selene had stopped so suddenly.

"It's one of the many mysteries in my life. I could be solving it inside the barrier," Bloom said bitterly while breathing heavily. The blonde and red head put their backs together while getting into a stance ready to fight.

"What's close?" Sam asked the two while stepping closer to Selene, but before they could reply, Selene's eyes glowed a bright golden and her head lifted up. Her veins on her arm had begun to glow to, drawing everyone's attention. Quickly, her arms lifted up and pointed behind the duo.

"It's here," Her voice was deeper, and the dread in Sam's body caused him to tense. The three looked to where she had pointed and eyes widened.

Now, voices rang in Selene's head constantly while burning pain flared along her arms, but unlike before, she didn't collapse or crouch back.

The burned one dropped from the tree it had perched on and attacked Sky viciously. It's arms clanged against Sky's sword as it tried to slice through his armor. Stumbling behind sky, Bloom freaked out at the sight of the burned one. She panicked as it started towards her, ready to kill the fire fairy without a single sign of remorse.

Just as it was about to give the killing blow, Selene let out a haunting scream as she fell down to the ground, kneeling over her arms, eyes a blazed. The creature stopped in it's tracks and turned to the source of magic that had caught it frozen. Selene's hands grew bright as the burned one's head had glowed in the same bright amber.

As she clenched it's hands, the burned one screeched loudly and crumbled into itself. Selene herself was too lost into the madness of the screams and the pain in her arms, unknowingly squeezing her fists together and crying out in pain.

Taking advantage of the wounded monster, Sky hurriedly sliced it's back with his sword, but that only infuriated it more. In retaliation, it growled at the specialist and lunged it's final lunge towards the young boy.

Sam, who had only been watching the whole scene from beside the mind fairy, held onto her as her cries began to sound more desperate. Noticing the group that had just arrived, he urgently yelled at them. "Do something!"

The burned one was still growling in pain from whatever Selene was doing to it. Stella hurriedly flashed a bright light into it's eyes, causing it to stop it's assault on Sky, and terra wrapped it in a vine. Nodding to each other, Bloom and Aisha immediately sent a wave of fire and water at it, hoping it would have the same effect as last time.

The endless attacks on the burned one had caused it to slow down and sky gave it a final stab with his sword. The burned one finally collapsed onto the ground and the group let out a breath of relief.

The voices running through Selene's head had finally quietened down, snapping her out of her trance. Collapsing onto Sam who held her tightly, she whispered out in fear, "Where are we?" Her eyes were closing as she gradually placed all her weight on Sam.

He tightened his hold on her worriedly and placed a kiss on her head. His eyes met Terra who glanced at her friend with worry, the two trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

As everyone surrounded the burned one on the floor, Musa's eyes flashed purple. Before she herself could warn them, it stood up ready to attack everyone. Selene tensed, eyes glowing ready to fight it off once again, but luckily a bright glow formed from within it's chest and it exploded.

This time, Selene collapsed into Sam's arms unconscious.

The group of fairies trudged along the hall, Selene in Sam's arms. Headmistress Dowling lead the group to the stairs furiously with a tiny sense of pride (though, she wouldn't let them know that.)

After reprimanding everyone, she finally addressed Sam who huddled against the wall with his date. "Take her to her room, Mr. Harvey, and you'll both come by my office tomorrow morning to explain what exactly happened."