X

Selene entered her suite with caution as she looked at the clock on the wall with a grimace. The nurse had held her back from leaving as soon as possible to look at her symptoms, even going far enough to scold her for being 'foolish' and a 'pushover'.

Although she could see her point, Selene didn't want to admit that she knew better than to accept Sam's ice cream, so now she was running late to get ready for the specialist party with an ever-anxious Terra. She shuddered at the thought of Terra's demeanour hoping to God that the girl had her nerves in check.

Passing Bloom and Aisha, she could see a bowl of water in front of Aisha and an abundance of yearbooks in front of Bloom. She'd heard Bloom's grumble of the mysterious lady who'd given her a vision to 'find her'. Contemplating if she should help the redhead for a short while, she decided not to, knowing that Terra was already waiting for her.

She'd reached Terra's room and knocked lightly but found Musa laying on her bed with headphones on alone. Closing the door, hoping she hadn't disturbed the empath, she walked over to the bathroom and winced at the scene.

Terra was standing in front of the mirror freaking out over her eyeliner with both eyes surrounded by the dark substance. Sighing loudly, she let her presence be known to the anxious girl who jumped in fright and hurriedly closed the door.

"Where were you?" She shrieked out to her.

"Sorry... I had an allergic reaction and was stuck at the nurse," Terra nodded quickly and took in shuddering breaths. She looked like she was about to have a mental breakdown, which caused Selene to rush over, grab both her shoulders and look into her eyes. "Terra!"

Without her knowing, her eyes flashed amber and locked onto Terra's. Terra's breath hitched as she struggled to take a breath in and Selene watched her worriedly. "Calm down, Ter," Selene soothed with glowing eyes. "Take a deep breath."

Terra's eyed shined with unshed tears as her body finally allowed her to take in a breath of fresh air as if commanded by some unknown force. Breaking eye contact from her friend, she took Selene into a big hug as the mind fairy sent her friend some soothing emotions to settle her down. This time, Terra took it in comfortingly, not asking her to stop.

"Sorry," Terra mumbled out quietly and finally settled down. Though the peace between the two didn't last as the door opened suddenly by Bloom and Aisha who wanted to see what the commotion was.

At the judging looks she received from the two, Terra rambled on and on. "I've seen like 50 tutorials and this is what I get. What does Huda Kattan have that I don't? "

"Lots of practice?" Selene quipped as she pulled Terra onto the chair she'd brought into the toilet.

"Talent?"

"Taste?"

"Style?"

"Millions of followers?" Both Bloom and Aisha playfully mocked Terra as they approached her with makeup brushes and palettes, ready to help her get ready.

"You guys really aren't helping Terra with settling her nerves," Selene warned as she began to feel the once calm atmosphere tense again as the earth fairy started fretting over her make up.

"No, no, I'm cool Len. I- I'm so cool." Terra tried to convince her friend but stumbled over her words showing that she clearly wasn't 'cool'.

Chuckling at her friend's obviously failed attempt, she went along with it and sent her a beaming smile. "Yes, Ter, you're the bomb."

Selene started painting her friends' faces, starting with a light shade of foundation, a step Terra definitely forgot but wasn't too necessary as her skin looked pretty much flawless already. She looked at Aisha and Bloom wondering why they were still dressed in normal clothes. "Why are neither of you getting ready for the party?"

They handed Selene the different brushes and palettes while awkwardly shuffling around the room. "I've gotta study...", "I've got a full...", they both tried to come up with an excuse at the same time.

"That's cool, but I don't care." Terra ignored their reasonings and pleaded with them. "You both have to come. I need full support!"

There was a knock on the door again and Terra looked up alarmed. This caused the brush Selene was holding to jerk suddenly causing her to let out a loud shriek and she scolded Terra for moving around.

The earth fairy ignored her friend and asked out quietly, "Is that Musa or Stella?"

"Well, this is weird," Musa answered Terra's question herself by entering the room and looked at all four fairies who were helping Terra get ready.

"Get dressed! We're going to go to the party. We're gonna show everybody that we're cool and... and fun and..." Terra seemed so determined as she sat on the chair in front of the mirror. Selene smiled at her and nodded, even though she wasn't really going to be with Terra for long.

"Hot?" Musa smirked at her friend and all fairies looked at each other. Selene saw it the moment the other three agreed to go and it was an all-out war after.

Bloom hurriedly grabbed a brush and dashed to the mirror while Aisha followed and tried to push her away and use the mirror herself. Musa, laughing like a maniac, moved things around while hogging different products so she could finish getting ready first.

Sighing at her idiotic friends, Selene giggled as they decided to treat the situation as a first come first serve type while turning it into a competition of who could do makeup better. "What have you done, Ter?"

By the time the five first years were finished, the toilet was trashed and closets were messy with clothes piling everywhere. Selene could see now why Stella had opted to get ready in Sky's room when the room grew tense with nerves as they wondered whether their outfits would look good for their first party.

They argued who looked best; competitiveness shining through everyone's personality. In the end, they agreed that they all looked like 'badass bitches' (as Musa had put it) and finished their arguments. Though, there was a silent agreement that Selene truly looked the best tonight with the fact that she helped everyone get ready while getting ready herself. She may have had to step in and stop the chaos when an incident between Aisha and Musa fighting over a mascara stick had occurred. Though, both still silently blamed Bloom for hiding their make up kits.

While the girls had opted for edgy clothing with leather jackets and jeans, Selene decided to wear a white off the shoulder sweater with a white-collar that acted like a choker. Braving the cold, she wore a flowy black skirt with black platform boots and finished the look off with a black purse to match.

Her hair was braided with a few strands misplaced to give a messy look and her makeup was simple and elegant.

Looking over to Terra in front of the building, she smiled comfortingly and sent her calming emotions to help her feel less socially awkward. This time, Terra embraced her friend's soothing emotions that wrapped around her like a warm blanket and let go of her worries.

"You ready, Ter?"

"Yep." 

A/N

This definitely feels like a filler... sorry!