VIII

Selene paced up and down the hall in nervousness as she waited for the rest of her friends to get back from the forest. After half an hour had passed with no sign of them returning, guilt began to eat her alive. It made her feel awful and like such a coward to stay behind simply because she couldn't face another burned one without going into shock.

After finally sitting down for the first time since they had left, Selene felt the presence of her royal highness above her. Looking up, she saw a teary-eyed Stella with Sky talking in hushed tones and she started thinking of the worst; the girls were attacked.

She wanted to run towards Stella and Sky to see if the blonde will confirm her thoughts, but pain burned through her insides the moment she stood up.

"I need a medkit from the Bastion!" Terra's furious voice rang from the entrance of the hall. There was a moment of relief when Selene realised her assumptions were false before the wave of pain increased. Looking up, she saw Silva being dragged in by Musa and Terra.

"I'll go get the headmistress!" Beatrix yelled out loudly and sprinted away to Dowling's office.

Dane, stood beside Riven, walked over to Terra when she asked him to help carry Silva and Musa backed away from the man. Selene walked up to her and gripped her shoulder harshly, pulling them away from the dying man while everyone began to panic around them.

"Focus on Terra," Musa whispered out, frightened but still noticing Selene's pained gasp. "It helps drown everything out." From across the hall, Sam ran up to the group. He was panicking slightly while trying to spot Selene in the crowd to see if she was alright.

"Sam, go get dad," Terra ordered out while hurrying toward the greenhouse with Silva still in her arms. For the first time since school started, Terra's social anxieties diminished without any help from Selene. Instead of the shy girl everyone knew, there stood a fierce and determined girl who was about to save a man's life.

Sam quickly sent Selene a comforting look when he'd noticed she was indeed safe and ran up to go find his father. Musa, who was affected by Sam's aura in a similar way as Selene, was shocked by the revelation that the earth fairy she had 'subtly' been stalking (according to Aisha) was Terra's brother. The infamous brother she and Selene always mentioned.

Feelings of jealousy began to sprout from the empath as she realised that Selene had a thing with a boy that she was crushing on. As quickly as it came, her jealous thoughts left leaving her to feel silly. She'd never spoken a single word with the boy, so she really had no right to be jealous of her suitemate.

Shaking her head, she walked off leaving Selene to watch her curiously. She had felt Musa's odd mood shifts and wondered what had caused her to feel like that.

The suite was quiet with Stella, Musa, and Terra went to clear up what happened with Silva. A few giggles could be heard through the door as Bloom and Aisha gossiped and teased each other throughout the night.

Usually, Selene would join the two girls happily jumping up at the chance of getting to know them even more, but she laid in her room alone instead. It was the second time she'd felt that same burning sensation through her body that felt all too similar.

It was weird and she didn't know why the burned ones affected her so much. Last night, it caused her to pass out, and today it felt like she was lit on fire fueled by the pain Silva was in. It didn't really make sense to her.

She was lost in her thoughts for hours, ignoring Terra's and Sam's texts to check if she was alright. The only thing bringing her out of them was the door of her room opening with roommate entering, sky trailing in behind her.