Chapter 7

No invitation. Vivi had receieved no invitation. She couldn't imagine why. She was, or at least she thought she was pretty good friends with the Chatlottes. But she supposed that it didn't matter. They obviously didn't want her there, and that was fine. Or at least she told herself that it was.

"Okay so I think I'm definitely going as a black cat." Nami said as she rummaged through Vivi's closet.

"Yeah that would be cute." Vivi replied.

"And maybe you could be...a princess?"

Vivi hesitated for a bit, but then spoke up.

"I don't think I'm going after all..."

"What?" Nami exclaimed as she turned to face her. "Nooo you have to! What if Oven tries to flirt with me?? You're my only defense mechanism!!"

Vivi sighed. "Nami I wasn't invited..."

The once pleasant atmosphere turned into that of an awkward one. Nami looked baffled for a second, but then spoke up once again.

"O-oh well...that's not a problem, Vivi! You can just be my plus one!" Nami told her, hoping that it would make things better.

"If I wasn't invited, then they obviously don't want me there...it's fine Nami." Vivi smiled to show Nami that she didn't care, but Nami could tell by the look in Vivi's eyes that she was sad

"Okay then." Nami began "I'll just stay with you tonight!"

"What?? No Nami it's fine! Just go without me!" Vivi tried to convince her.

She didn't want to be the reason that Nami didn't go. Even if Vivi wasn't going to have fun tonight, she didn't wish that upon any one else.

"My plans tonight were to be with you, Vivi. Whether, that be at the Charlotte's party, or right here. I'm fine with either."

Vivi couldn't help the pang of guilt that she was feeling. While she wasn't exactly comfortable with going, she still wanted Nami to have a good time...

"Okay then....I guess I don't mind being your plus one that much..." Vivi told her slowly.

"Are you sure....?" Nami asked.

"Yes I'm sure..."

"YAY!!!" Nami exclaimed and hugged her. "I'll make sure that you have fun! Trust me!"

Vivi just smiled at her.

'Hopefully I won't regret this...' she thought.

~~

Boa Hancock found herself trying to figure out what she was going to wear tonight. It had taken an hour to convince Salome that she wasn't trying to neglect him, but she finally did.

She settled on a slightly oversized gray sweatshirt and white mini skirt, with white sneakers. She could just say that she's a cheerleader or something.

She looked at the time.

7:00 PM

"I should get going soon..." She said to herself.

~~

Luffy sat in Usopps living room and played the switch, as he listened to him ramble on about Kaya. He was barely listening though. For once, his mind was occupied by various thoughts. For one, he was worried about Sanji. No matter how much he and Usoop tried to explain how evil Pudding was, Sanji wouldn't listen.

Even if what you're saying is true....as a man I can't reject her invitation. Is what he said.

'He's so dumb...' Luffy thought to himself. He could tell that life had been changing lately. Sure, it wasn't strange for Sanji to like girls, but why are Usopp and Ace worrying so much over them?