Chapter 10

Monday morning arrived quicker than Vivi had anticipated. As a soft light peered through the lavender curtains of her bedroom, she remained stoic in her bed. Hoping that time would slow down, her mind drifted back the numerous emotions she'd felt over the past few days.

Feelings of regret and humiliation had plagued her mind all weekend. Ignoring all texts and calls from her friends, she barred herself away in her bedroom. Over and over, probably a hundred times, she watched the video of herself.

It was unsightly to see herself in that state… chugging drink after drink, and laughing with guys like Bellamy.

She has no recollection of that night, so in a way she's grateful that the video only shows her drinking. It assures her that she didn't do anything worse than that.

Still, she knows her entire class has seen the video by now, and without a doubt they think of her as a hypocrite. She's been quite harsh on them lately, and it's simply because she cares about her classmates, but there's no way they would believe that now.

Though she knows she doesn't deserve it, Vivi wants to earn their trust once again.

"I need to get ready for school…" she mumbled as she climbed out of her bed.

She looked at her phone, and hesitated, before picking it up and opening instagram. 

She was completely aware that watching the video would only revive her depressive state, but couldn't stop herself. 

She clicked on Bellamy's account, and gasped at what she saw. Her hand unconsciously covered her mouth as she let out a sob.

The source of her grief was gone.

"I'm so relieved…" She whimpered.

~~

Confrontation is obviously one of Hancock's fortes. Her powerful demeanor and cold countenance ensured that others always cower in fear, and that she'd never be on the receiving end of criticism.

That's why she had no doubt in her ability to reveal the true intentions of Monkey D. Luffy.

She was convinced that there was more to him than the naivete he portrayed, and was determined to uncover whatever that is.

She strode through the school halls with precision in each step. First period study hall was in the library, and that is where she will execute her plan.

Or at least until her thoughts were interrupted by her blue haired classmate.

"Ahh Hancock, we have a senior meeting first period. Please don't skip this time…" The girl sighed.

Hancock turned to meet the averted gaze of the senior class rep, Nefertari Vivi.

These past months, the bluenette has been especially strict with their classmates, and although she has never had an issue with Vivi in the past, Hancock won't hesitate to call her out on her BS if she gets in her way.

"It seems even the class rep knows how to have fun." Hancock scorned. Her words caused Vivi to stiffen.

"Of course I do." Despite her bright smile, Vivi's eyes were dead. "Well I'll see you in a little while." She said before hastening away.

Hancock scoffed at the girl. Nefertari Vivi was obviously a hypocrite. Always telling others what to do, yet gets flat out drunk at a party. Pathetic.

However, it was really none of Hancocks concern. As long as Vivi doesn't get in her way, she could care less.

But for now she has to postpone her plan to expose the true nature of Monkey D. Luffy. 

For a moment she contemplated skipping the class meeting, but that would only lead to another detention and it wasn't worth it.