Chapter 1

Monkey D. Luffy sat up in his bed and stretched. “Ahh! That was a good sleep.” He ruffled his hair as he got out of bed and put on a red sweatshirt. He wondered about what he would do today. So far, this had been the best summer of his life. Everyday was a new adventure with his friends. Whether they were at the arcade, getting into fights, or just hanging out, he always had a good time. He decided to check his phone, but something caught him off guard.

3 new posts by love.cook, roronoa zoro, and captai…

It was pretty rare for Zoro to post on instagram, so he decided to check it out.

Zoro had posted a selfie of himself laying in bed with a hand covering his face.

The caption was: Not ready for school today

‘Eh?’ Luffy thought to himself as he scrolled down. Usopp had posted as well.

It was picture of a pair of shoes and the caption was: new shoes for a new year

Luffy began to panic as he opened the group chat he had with his friends.

Luffy: When does school start

Zoro: today

Usopp: lol luffy what

“Today?!” The best summer of Luffy’s life was over before he knew it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It wasn't often that you would see the Chief of Police, Monkey D. Garp, happily whisking away at pancake mix this early in the morning. Nor would you ever see such a serious man humming at the same time. However, this was a special occasion. His beloved grandson had been accepted into Revolutionary University, and he couldn’t be more proud. Such an occasion called for celebratory pancakes. Too bad he wasn’t here to enjoy them.

“Hey old man. ‘Yaaawn’ Pancakes again? Sabo’s been gone for a week, you know.” The voice belonged to a scruffy looking, but handsome young man. Portgas D. Ace descended the staircase, while wearing only a pair of red pajama pants.

“Be grateful for the food I’m giving you, son.” For the past few months, Garp has been pretty short with him, and Ace knew exactly why. While Sabo was off at University, Ace was home trying to get his GED. That’s right, he had failed his senior year of high school. However, he was determined to get his GED in time for the next semester.

“Uh yeah thanks, Grandpa.” He muttered as he sat on the couch and turned the tv on. He didn’t want to get hit in the head so he decided to just let it go.

About thirty minutes later the pancakes were finally done. While humming, Garp set the fifth stack of pancakes on the table. Ace made his way over, while looking down at his phone.

“FOODS READY!!!” Garp roared as he put his apron away.

Ace dropped his phone to cover his ears. “Gah! Can you please warn me before you do that?! I’m surprised my eardrums haven’t imploded yet…”

“What’s that?!” Garp barked back at him, while rolling up his sleeve.

“Nothing nothing…” Ace mumbled and sat down at the table.

“FOOOOOOD!!!” Luffy screamed as he jumped down the flight of stairs. Within a second he was at the breakfast table and wolfing down his stack of pancakes.

“LUFFY!” Garp holored as he punched the back of his youngest grandson’s head.

“AH! What was that for?!” he yelled while holding his head.