Home is with you Thorin x Reader

Pairing: Thorin x Reader
Song: Home- Edwards sharp and the Magnetic zeros.
Warnings: N/A
An: This was a request! I hope you enjoy.
Tags: @Fitzshipwithabat

This was not quite the life he had imagined for himself as a child. Then again. He was still within Erebors' halls at the time. Still surrounded with plenty. With family. Without a want in the world. His father's father's people had plenty. And soon to be his people.

When he had first thought of home and a wife it was draped in fine jewels. With rich wines and delicate foods at ready lips. It was a whole kingdome he could give to his future one. His Amarlime. His kings jewel.

It was supposed to be a life of ease and plenty. A handful of children if time allowed. And his one in his waiting arms. Not a single need of want in the world pressed into thier minds.

Instead it was bare feet pressed against soft grass. Warm summer air deep within his lungs. His subjects his friends instead. It was with people who valued food and song over horded gold.  The most valuable thing you could give one another was your time. The most valuable, and most limited gift of all. He was happy to say he had a little bit more to give than most.

Oh. And flowers. Of most kinds. Pressed into your loved ones hands. Flowers here were like gemstones back home.

Even now his kingdom was a small house settle deep into the ground. A goat round back and a garden teaming with life up front. His wife still draped in fine fabrics, gifted from friends, let loose on the front to allow room for her still growing belly.

She was still as stunning as the day he married her. As the day he knew he was in love with her. Even with her feet bare and flour in her hair as she kneeded dough. Her hair loose and tousled, his beads gleaming in her hair. Claiming her has she had done him.

A silent proclamation of love amongst his kind.

After the fall of Erebor he hadn't thought of a life like this in a long time.

A life of ease. A life worth having.

Until he had met her. The little lass who stole his heart the moment they steped into the Shire. She who was so full of life it spilled over and infected those around her.

He had her in his thoughts throughout the entire journey. Of what if's and what what could be. He fell for her and he fell hard.

He thought of what he could give her after he reclaimed his home. The jewels. The gold. His love pressed into her waiting palms.

To his surprise she only wanted his love. She never cared for riches. She only needed him. His love. His time. His future. All she wanted was him.

And she had him.

She had him through thier son. Thier first born child who was just as rambunctious as he was at that age. He played with the other children in the shire. Bringing home bugs and shiney rocks he thought his mother would like. The bugs would go. Each rock was displayed over the fire place. 

Thick brown hair with his mother's eyes. His son was his greatest gem.

And even still his wife had him. With thier second child. Her stomach soft and rotound with new life. The fabrics of her dress flowing and moving like water  down a river with each fluttering move she makes.

He goes to her then. Leaving flowers on the table as he splays his hands over her hips. He dips down to kiss at her neck. Feeling her shudder as she laughs. Batting him away with flour covered hands.

He glances around his home. Dried food hangs from the ceiling. Plants crawling along the walls and over windows.

Like in the Blue Mountains.

Nothing like Erebor.

He grins. Truly lights up for the first time in a long time. Since the Battle Of The Five Armies. Since his injuries. Since he lost his home.

His wife chuckles as she smears bread dough along his nose. Oh Mahal. This was his kings jewel. And no other could have it. He spins her to face him. His hands upon her face. Her hip. And kisses her deeply. Her stomach pressed against his. Both laughing as the child within kicks in protest.

"My home." He mutters against her lips. "Is with you."