(96) TMotDS: Evil Consensus!

= Dawn of the Second Day - Wednesday, 8th December =

-----

"Jonah?!" Riddle stood up from his seat with eyes widened. Even Leona turned toward the approaching captain. Azul hid his smirk behind his hand. Vil and Lilia remained silent but were slightly confused by the situation. Meanwhile, Kalim and Idia were utterly out of the loop, not even understanding what was going on. Crowley watched the boy, slightly concern but had an understanding look, very easily connecting the dot. It appears that Mister Rosehearts has failed in last night's trial.

"What are you doing here?" Riddle tried again.

Jonah raised an eyebrow at him, trying to look as relaxed as possible. "Am I not welcome here?" he asked back. "I am a fellow prefect after all."

"That's true but-"

"Oya, Mister Riddle. You seem troubled." Azul stood from his seat, still smiling at the two boys. "Is there something wrong with Mister Argentum joining us?"

Riddle clenched his fist as he turned to glare at Azul. "Nothing that you wouldn't know, Azul."

"Oh my." The Octavinalle Prefect pushed his glasses up his nose. "Such hostility."

Leona rolled his eyes. "Oi. We're not here to watch your petty threesome." He turned toward the headmaster. "Just start the meeting."

Crowley didn't look offended or surprise for once from Leona's demand. "Right." He cleared his throat and turned his head toward Jonah. "We are glad for you to join us, Mister Argentum."

"The pleasure is mine, headmaster." Jonah nodded as he took a seat next to Riddle.

Riddle leaned closer to him. "I thought you're going to dive," he whispered.

Jonah was trying his best not to pout as he only looked at the headmaster talking but never really listening. He knew Azul was watching him and knew about his unfortunate situation. Surely he would find this amusing. "I was," he muttered. "But apparently I can't drink the potion."

"What?"

"You managed to finish it in one night?" Jonah stared at the vial filled with grey liquid. It didn't look pleasant to drink at all. Opening the cork and taking a sniff, Jonah nearly gagged at the horrid smell.

"Yep. We did a great job~!" Cater said with a thumb up. "Just one vial and we're off to be mermen."

Jonah huffed. If this liquid was their only chance to actually surviving underwater, he would take the risk. "Alright," he nodded, looking at Cater and Jack who just opened their vial. "Let's do this. On three. One. Two... Three."

The three of them gulped the potion at the same time. Jonah gagged, his hand flew to his mouth. The taste was HORRIBLE. He didn't know if he was just being a baby or his stomach really couldn't digest the drug.

"Jonah?!"

Jonah fell to his knees, pulling back his hand from his mouth just as he spilled the contents of his breakfast onto the floor.

"Hey, hey." He felt Jack's hand patting his back gently. "Are you okay?"

"I'm..." Jonah gagged again but didn't vomit this time. "Sorry."