//Chapter 2//

-Trigger warning-

-Ed's POV-

I opened the door and tried to come in as quietly as I could but as soon as I came in, I saw her sitting on the couch. I gulped "Hey uh, mom. I was studying with a friend". 

She stood up and I backed away wearily. She walked towards me and I backed up even more until I was against the wall. She walked until she was right in front of my face "You're seeing your father, aren't you?". 

She was obviously drunk. I shook my head "Mom, he left years ago. I-I haven't seen him". 

She shook her head "You've been telling him about me! Everything bad that I've done! He's calling the cops on me, isn't he? ISN'T HE?!". 

I looked down and shook my head "N-No! Dad's gone! The cops aren't coming!!". She slapped me and I flinched "Mom... please listen, I don't know where dad is, I haven't talked to him". 

She just got angrier "Ed, why do you lie to me all the time?!".

I tried to push her away from me but she grabbed my wrists and pinned them against the wall. I winced "Mom, that hurts". 

She hit me against the wall, making one of the glass vases fall off the shelf beside me "WHY DO YOU LIE?!"

I tried to pull away "Mom, I'm not lying!". She pushed me onto the ground, my hand hitting the broken glass. I hissed and pulled it away. She walked away and into her room. I sat there silently for a moment before starting to cry. 

I stood up and walked down the hallway to my own room. I grabbed a bag and started packing things into it. I wiped the tears from my eyes as I finished up. 

Should I leave a note?

....

She doesn't deserve a note.

I put the bag on the floor in the dining room and walked into the kitchen. I saw my mom's wallet on the counter. I thought for a moment before taking the whole thing. I grabbed my bag again and left the house. 

One last thing to do before I leave....

Say goodbye to Oswald.