Vol. 2 "It's boyfriend" {2}

Chapter Two - Mercy II

"I gotta say, it's nice to be at a victory party" Demetri said getting ready to chow down his nacho. "Yeah, except you had nothing to do with the victory" Hawk said stealing his nacho. "The consider it a belated party for the coding competition we won at computer camp" Demetri said and I know Hawk was gonna say something.

"Demetri and Eli. Binary Brothers" Demetri sang causing Moon, Aisha and I laugh. "Hey. Cool it with nerd shit, huh?" I hear Hawk mumble to him. "Hey, where's Miguel? Those wings are getting cold" Moon said and we saw him sitting alone. "We'll be back" I told them and Hawk, Aisha and I went with him.

"El Serpiente, there you are" Hawk said as we made it to his table. "This is how you celebrate a first-place trophy?" Aisha said and we took our seats. "She blocked me" Miguel frowned. "So, what happens when you get blocked? You counterpunch. Except maybe don't actually hit her this time" Hawk chuckled. I smacked his arm. "What? Too soon? Look, all I'm saying is don't give up" Hawk told him. "It's no use. I blew any shot I had with her" He pouted. "Just give Sam some times. She'll come around" Aisha said and they turned to Y/n. "What" She turned to them. "She'll come back. If she really cared about you she'll come back".

"You're the champ now, you can get any chick in the valley you want. You're like Drake. Enjoy it" Hawk said and walked off. "I have to go back to the hospital before my mom freaks out. But expect two delicious cupcakes tomorrow" She smiled at him and walked away.

-

"What the hell you guys!" Y/n yell as I picked up my skate bored. "Uh-" "You look pretty today". She smacked both of their heads. "I went your house first then Hawks. Also how dare you take off the sprinkles! Those are what makes it the "I'm your girlfriend broke up with you please have a cupcake' " Y/n tells them. "Just next time tell me before hand".

"All right. So, I get my license next week. My mom's gonna give me her Sentra. I think I'll put a blue stripe down the middle, hood to tail" Hawk explained as we walked to the dojo. "Subtle. I like it" Miguel told him. "So you're finally gonna pick me up and drop me off on dates" She joked. "I already do that. But now I get to do it in Style" He said earning a chuckle from Y/n and Miguel.

When they arrived they see people waiting outside of the dojo. "Looks like we got some new students" Miguel said. "Fresh fish" Hawk comments. "Shut up, Eli" Y/n joked and walked away. "It's boyfriend" Hawk said and wrapped his arm around her. "It's the champs" A boy said as they walked up to them. "Man this is bullshit. I didn't get to do shit" Y/n pouted. "Check this out". "Don't". "Babe no". "Hey. Mouth-breathers move it" Hawk said and Y/n hid her smile. "Sorry about that". "I'll get the door"

"So, you guys wanna be Cobra Kais, huh?" Hawk said and he did a move where he was about to punch them and they flinched. "You got a long road ahead of you". When they walked in there was a mess. "The fuck happened in here?" Y/n asked. "Looks like sensei threw a party" Aisha answered. "Must have been pretty sick if fire got involved" Hawk chuckled. Y/n turned around and saw some boys smiling at her. "Stop it. You have a death wish" She whispered.

"What?" Hawk turned to her. "What? Nothing. Come on-" "Quiet!" "The dojo's closed to new students today" Sensei walked up. "We wanted to sign up after we saw the tournament" The same boy who opened the door told him. "Do I need to say it again? Get out!" "Yes sir... Sensei".

"Everyone, fall in!" He yelled as he walked towards the front. "Must've been a ragger, Sensei". "Yeah, were you celebrating all weekend?" "Celebrating what?" He asked. "My students are a bunch of pussies?" He asked and our smiles dropped. "Diaz, Hawk, up front".

"Hawk. Did you attack your opponent when his back was turned?" He said and Y/n jaw dropped. The boy looked everywhere but her eyes. "Yes, Sensei". "Diaz. Did you purposely attack your opponent's injury?" Y/n looked at both of them. "What the hell happened when I was at the hospital?"

"You think that makes you badass?" He asked and they both turned to each other. "What's the matter, question too tough? Maybe you need some help. Miss Robinson!" He yelled out. "Yes, Sensei". "Two cobras in the jungle. One kills the strongest lion, the other kills a crippled monkey. Which cobra do you wanna be?" He asked her and Y/n knew where this was going. She knew somehow they were gonna get in trouble.

"Hawk. Diaz. 50 push-ups on your knuckles. Robinson warm them up. Greenway. Office" He said and that got Y/n out of her trance. She followed him. "Uh, yes Sensei?" "What the hell happened at the tournament?" He asked. "Uh, we won?" She questioned. "That and I collapse". "Why?" "I don't know-" "Yes you do. So, why?" "Look, my mom and Tim were arguing. Thoughts went in my mind. I didn't know what to do" She spills. "Take it easy out there" He said and she walked away.

The session ended early. "I'm not seeing Over the Top again. Do you wanna know how many times I've watched that movie" Y/n says as she packs up her things. "One more won't hurt. Also, do you really wanna face the awkwardness between you and your mother when you get home" Hawk said and Y/n stopped. "How do you even know she's home?" She asked. "You do this thing. I'm not gonna tell you because then you'll change it. Boyfriends always know" Hawk told her. "No they don't" Aisha and Y/n said at the same time.