IV | Gulity

CHAPTER FOUR | DID I STUTTER

______

THE LOUD CLICKING OF heels echoed continually down the pitch-ebony granite floors, the guards straightened their backs and adjusted their weapons, setting into an emotionless stare.

"Name."

Genevieve looked up, her stoic face intact, "Hades," the guards slightly cowered under hearing her stone-cold voice echo through the hollow hallway.

Before they could respond, Genevieve pushed past them. Slamming the doors open, she looked around, her flawless figure catching the attention of a few men in the ballroom.

The ballroom was exactly like the ones in a Disney movie.

The walls were coated with lustrous beige paint, the floors were polished ivory marble, not a single speck of dirt existent. On the ceiling hung a chandelier, like many, the crystals illuminated against the dim lighting. Figured statues were engraved against the headstone vault, other various statues stood circling the room, embellishing the already neutral chamber with figures of Venus de Milo and Aphrodite of Knidos, most likely all of them stolen from Greek museums.

From the left corner of her eye she could see three figures, Jonas, Daniel, and Elias.

Jonas stood conversing with an older woman, Genevieve instantly recognized her, Francesca De Angelo.

She was known for her various acts in seducing men and stealing priceless amounts of jewelry. Francesca was fancying an elegant maroon dress, one a queen would wear, diamonds dripped around her neck and arms. Her whitened hair was styled in a luxurious slick bun, her wrinkle-free face pale as a ghost and a small smile imprinted in her complexion.

Despite the various rumors Francesca was a kind woman. Like all Italians, she had her attitude and was not afraid to give anybody who crossed her path an earful. But she was never vile, most of the money she stole was either used for the poor or charity. In the underworld they called her Robin Hood.

Traditions passed down from criminal to criminal, sobriquets were given around established from their abilities and look.

For Genevieve her's was Hades. In spite of her very hidden kind heart, mostly no one knew that side of her. In Greek mythology, Hades was also called the "Unseen" and was crowned god of the underworld and the dead. Genevieve was known for this, she would be invisible in each con and leave no traces, leaving everything perfectly clean. The sobriquet also came from her cold nature, no one other than her friends have seen her genuinely smile.

Behind Jonas stood Elias. A grimace etched on his figure as he was surrounded by various women. They all looked of different ages, whilst some were teenagers, daughters of the criminals, and others were middle-aged women giving him once overs lust evident on their faces.

On the other side stood Daniel, wearing a bored expression. To say he disliked these biddings would be an understatement, he utterly hated them. Nothing was worse than watch elderly and snobby couples bid illegally for jewelry and vases. To him if you wanted something, you should buy it on eBay, fake or not, the price was cheaper.

Stalking over towards them, Francesca caught the eyes of Genevieve, a beaming smile took over, throwing herself at the twenty-two year old.