The Letter

I heard a knock at the door.

I shut my diary and shoved it under my pillow, why is draco back so early he has three days left before he should be here.

I opened the door.

"Piss off drac- Hermione?"

"Hello pansy" she smiled at me her voice so soft, her hair was still as bushy as the first day I met her.

I slammed the door shut, I panicked what was I supposed to do I havnt seen her in months.

oh god what does she want

I started to sweat and the handle inbetween my fingers was harder to keep hold of.

"Pansy if its okay I want to talk" her voice was muffled from the other side of the door.

I slowly opened it again not all the way like last time more half way, she smiled at me even though her hair was still bushy she looked more mature then I remembered.

"I found this and assumed it was yours" I looked down at her out stretched arm and saw the crumpled up piece of paper I ripped out of my diary.

shit, shit, shit, shit

i slammed the door shut again, and started pacing back and forth i cant even remember what i wrote it was that long ago.

She knocked on my door again making me jump a little.

fuck, fuck, fuck

I opened the door again and smiled awkwardly, she pushed her way through and wrapped her arms around the back of my neck.

"You look alot better then you did a week ago" I awkwardly place my arms around her back.

"Thanks I guess?" was the only thing I could think to say.

"You was so skinny I wanted to sit next to you, to talk to you but i didnt know how" and i relised she was one of the students I saw in the hall.

"Hermione" I paused for a while thinking if I  should ask what am about to ask.

"Do you hate me?" she pulled away from the hug and I just wanted the ground to swallow me whole.

"No dont be silly!" she wrapped me in another hug, I couldnt even hug her back shocked isnt a good enough word to describe how I was feeling more like gobsmacked maybe even a little confused.

"But I called you a-" she interrupted me.

"Yeah I know..." she whispered in my ear.

"Wait how did you get into the slytherin common room?" i was so confused i had a hundred questions I needed to ask her.

She just sat me down on my bed smiling away, how can she be smiling especially at me after what I've done, she placed her hands on each of my shoulders.

"I wont lie pansy you really did hurt my feelings when you called me a mudblood"

i went a bit akward not really wanting to talk about that, but she carried on.

I kept trying to talk to you, ask you why but harry, ron and especially fred would never leave me alone am sorry for how people treated you in the hallways, I never asked them to and I tried stopping them but they wouldnt listen to me".

This was weird her apologising to me seen as it was still my fault.

"And then I walked into the common room and ron was talking about how he hexed you, i screamed at him and stormed out".

little bastard I knew it was him.

"I ran outside to get fresh air and I saw the paper on the floor i read it and I felt even worse after that, I was going to find you and say am sorry but I didnt see you for months I tried knocking on the painting outside a few times but draco wouldnt let me in" she continued