Possibilities

-Parker-

Trying to get through to Mellac that we couldn't just run off and kill everyone in Cal-Waves was really grating on my nerves. Did he think they would just stand in a line and let him tear them apart like fish or something? Shaking my head, I glanced at him in the rearview mirror, glaring at Kipper around his brother while Jay sat beside me. I still didn't trust Mellac with the kid, heck, any kid, but at least he hadn't hurt him at all.

"We need to go to the police station and get someone to believe us."

A lot more than just someone. We need an army since they have a Hice.

Pulling into the station, I ran around to the back of my truck, nearly getting smacked with the door when Mellac swung it open without a care. Forcing myself not to get visibly mad, since I was sure Mellac would love a bit of human-bashing this fine evening, I ignored it, knowing that I needed to be as fit as possible when we finally went and got Ocar and Oliver.

Kipper had already opened his door and taken his seat belt off, but I tugged him into my arms before he could get down, even though I knew he was frustrated about it. Callem climbed out right after and tried to take his son, but Kipper just tightened his arms around my neck and growled, giving Callem a pretty impressive 'leave me alone' stare. That put a pout on my mer's face, but I just leaned up on my toes and pecked his cheek before turning and heading into the station.

Jayson held the door open for us, even Mellac, though the two weren't getting along still.

"Excuse me?" I called toward the line of desks in front of us as I approached. Kipper was grumbling as he glared at the officers but thankfully didn't do anything besides that. One of the men stood and stepped around his desk, offering me a hand, which I took after shifting Kipper into one arm.

"Hello, can I help you?"

I was surprised he didn't recognize me, considering the trouble I'd gotten into a few months ago, but I wasn't exactly interested in reminding him.

"We have a problem. Cal-Waves, the research facility north of here, has kidnapped my friend and his mer and we need help getting them back."

How crazy does that sound? Very.

He looked at me funny and began reaching forward to take my arm, no doubt thinking I was as strange as I felt, but then Kipper hissed and flared his gills, making the man jump back from shock. I thought he'd pull his gun but thankfully that remained in its holster, though I bet he thought about it.

See how far you get when daddy Callem sees you even flinch toward a weapon around his son.

"Like I said," I replied with a smirk, patting Kipper's back gently to calm him. "We need several officers to help us get into one of Cal-Waves facilities and get our friends back."

The man's eyes narrowed, but I let mine match his, making him look at the two other officers walking over to him, one blond woman and a blond man.

"You guys want to go?" he asked them with a raised brow, making me sigh.

"Thank you for considering what I'm saying, but I think more officers are needed. The two officers that have gone missing recently while searching Oliver's place, I'm ninety-nine percent sure were because of Hice, their shark mer. He's been after us a few times but couldn't do much with Callem, Mellac, and Ocar here."

The officers crossed their arms over their chests, except for the woman, who pulled out a radio. "Hello, this is Officer Markey. I need four officers down to the Quarter Street precinct immediately for a possible confrontation."