Through Your Fingers

(Last chapter notice. This book does end of a cliffhanger for the third book to open. The third book is not written yet, though. (The first two were already done when I uploaded them again) so updates will not be very fast.)

-Oliver-

The next morning, we were awoken by Parker as he knocked on our open door. I knew he would wake us up early since I usually didn't get up right away. Just to keep the pattern going strong, I snuggled in a bit more against Ocar, milking the calm atmosphere for a few more minutes of dozing before forcing myself to wiggle free and sit up with a big yawn. My hair was definitely all over the place, but caring was the last thing I intended to do right then.

"Mm, shower," I mumbled sleepily, shaking my head to clear some of the clouds that insisted on trying to blur my vision and bring me back to sleep. Looking down at Ocar, I noticed him grinning up at me sleepily and chuckled.

"What are you looking at, ya weird whale?"

"Mine," he replied, his smile growing wider as he sat up and leaned forward, wrapping his arms around me from behind. It forced him to lean over a little since we were sitting next to each other on the bed, but he didn't seem to mind at all and instead used the movement to nuzzle at my neck.

"Oh? I don't remember signing anything saying I belong to a cocky whale."

There was a long moment of silence, and he stopped moving, his lips paused against my skin. Did I upset him by saying that? It probably wasn't the best idea, considering he didn't completely understand humans.

That made me begin to open my mouth in order to tell him that I was joking, but then he squeezed me gently and pressed his forehead against my right shoulder as he mumbled out, "Then I can belong to smart, cocky human?"

His words made my own catch in my throat.

"Ocar..."

I felt my heart stutter in my chest, and he must have felt it too because his arms tightened a little more. My face heated, and I squirmed until his teeth latched onto my ear, making me squeak.

Shit. Men don't squeak!

The sound would have normally turned off a guy, at least it was definitely embarrassing to me, but Ocar didn't seem to find it any kind of odd. In fact, I found myself on my back before I could even regain my composure. I didn't struggle, though, because Ocar wasn't forcefully holding me down. His right hand lay atop my left shoulder while his other one rested on the blanket to the right of my face. It wasn't close enough to quite be touching, but it did stop me from being able to look in that direction... to look away from him.

Since he obviously had the upper hand at the moment, I thought he might try to use it to his advantage. I was partly right, but when I finally focused enough to read his expression, he actually looked like he was super nervous! Just to prove my thought right, he flopped down onto me, making me grunt from the impact.

"Hey, Ocar? You okay?" I asked. His face was now hidden in the crook of my neck, breath misting over my skin, sending slight shivers down my spine every few seconds. He took a minute before pushing himself up just enough so that our faces were inches apart, his warm breath now fanning over my face.

"I am fine," he whispered, eyes looking everywhere but at my own.

"You look like you got caught with your pants d— uh, nevermind. Anyways, what's wrong?"

It took him several more seconds before he finally heaved out a frustrated sigh and pouted at me.

"I see Mellac and Jayson doing kissing, and even Parker and Callem."