The Silence

Hundred and thousand of thoughts were crossing my mind... Rather than dropping me off at my house, Dev drove us to our place..("THE D AND R SPOT", Dev had found this place which was the middle spot from both of our homes and even from school.. We had created memories here... This spot was our place, where we spent most of our time and it was like our next home. )

We reached there... We had hardly talked on our way... We went there and sat all in silence..
"Everything is gonna be fine soon!", Dev finally said breaking the silence. I looked at him and started crying.. I was mad, I was heart broken, I didn't knew how to react to this. He came closer and put his hand on my shoulder.. He Pulled me more closer, so close that I could feel his breath on my ear. Then he whispered, "don't cry darling! I am always there for you?". I stopped crying and asked him without even thinking once, "why don't we start dating?", immediately I regret it, because then he stood up and ask me if I wanted a ride back home.. Not even sure what to do, I followed him and the next 30 minutes were also spent in silence.

We reached home.. I turned to him, to ask something but he didn't even looked at me for once, he told me to go home and take rest. I opened the door and moved out.. Without even looking at me, I saw him leave me hanging.. That was the night I didn't sleep.. Just thinking, where did things go wrong?

THE NEXT DAY

It was a holiday and I decided to text Dev and ask him to meet me at the coffee shop.. I really wanted to talk to him about yesterday but I decided not to bring the topic until and unless he wanted to. I texted him, " wanna grab a coffee and study together for the upcoming test ?", within 10 mins he replied to my text, "yeah sure!".
I was happy atleast he is not ending our friendship!

At 11 am, we both were sitting at the cafe.. Everything looked so normal.. Neither he brought the topic nor me.. We spent 3 hours discussing about our test and then we decided to watch movie at his place.
It was a great day.. But still the question what had gone wrong stayed in mind but now it didn't bother me that much.. Cuz I knew it's either friendship or nothing.

I had then decided that I won't come in any relationship and it's just Dev who is my everything.. Not being my boyfriend but my best friend.