The Birthday

PRESENT DAY

So my chemistry class got over and I had to go pick Dev from his football match.. But before that I had to go and book the cake for his birthday party which was after the game.. He didn't know why I borrowed his car today.. This is gonna be his 18th birthday and I knew I had to make it special..
Everything was well planned, invitation were already sent, decoration were done at my house.. Just had to pick up Dev and cake..

One hour later..

I had dropped Dev and went home as early as I could. I wore the dress which Dev gave me as gift for my birthday.. Now everything was checked.. I messaged Dev to reach my house as early as possible.

Well within a span of 10 mins Dev was near my driveway.. He knocked at the door and BOOM..
We surprised him.. He looked at everyone, the decorations, his favourite chocolate cake and some drinks at the counter.. Then he looked at me and offered a smile.. He didn't express much but his face showed how happy he was..
We celebrated his birthday.. And now it was time for dance.. I asked if he wanted to dance with me.. We danced on "Perfect by Ed sheeran"... Everything looked just perfect as the song.

Later when the party was over.. I asked him if he wanted to go to our place.. He agreed and we drove they..
We were sitting there and just talking about how fun the day was... When I decided I was going to give him his gift..
I stood up.. He looked at me confused.. I turn to him and said, " Dev! I really like you more than friend and I want us to be in relationship", he stood up and he was about to say something when he got a call from his mom.. He ask me to get in the car.. I asked him what happened he said nothing just have to spend time with family as well.. And dropped me home and left!
He left me again, again with no reply..

ONE WEEK LATER

It has been a week.. I have not talked to Dev at all.. Since the prom was the last day of our high school I didn't had a chance to meet him at school. I tried to call him several times but no response neither does he replies to my text.. They are either left on seen or sometimes even unread.. What is going on.. Is he mad? Was telling him and confessing what I have in my mind was wrong? Is he alright? What is going on??
I am really pissed.. Suddenly my phone vibrates... I check if it's a message from Dev..
OMG!!?! This can't be happenings..