Chapter ⸙ Three

Chapter Three Idiosyncratic

unique to an individual

Warnings ~ Language, Blood, violence

Word count ~ 1361

"Do you need help?"

Stanley rode up behind you as you struggled to pack the last of the snacks into the front basket of your bike. He took some out and placed them carefully into his backpack, zipping it up afterward.

"Thanks, Stan" you smiled "ready to go?"

He nodded as you both turned the corner heading up the street to eddies house. The plan was to meet up there and then ride to the sewer gates together, everyone agreed because they knew Eddie had the best snacks they could "borrow". Ms kaspbrak, though you would never tell the others, actually liked you. You would have conversations with her about everything, it would always end in her telling you that "you and Eddie shouldn't be hanging around with these people, you're good kids". You always nodded and said thank you, saying anything else would result in a huge lecture and you already got those daily from your father. Although she wasn't the best mother to Eddie and wasn't your real mother you loved her all the same. Sometimes you thought she might be right, about not hanging around these boys but you had fun and enjoyed their company so you pushed it aside.

"Hey, are you okay?"

Stanley's voice broke the silence you were comfortably sitting in.

"Yeah just thinking about what's gonna happen today."

You lied through your smile, Stanley knew that wasn't all that was on your mind but didn't push any further. He'd look into it later. He slowed down and you matched his pace so he could talk to you

"Same, I hope for Bill's sake we find George. But I also don't... If you get what I mean?"

"I do."

You hadn't really thought about it, you didn't want to see Georgie's body, if you found him you prayed he was alive. But deep down you knew he wouldn't be. You both sat in silence for the rest of the ride.

• • •

"That's poison ivy, And that's poison ivy. And that's poison ivy."

Stanley announced, pulling you and Eddie away from every single plant you passed. You weren't convinced it was poison ivy, but you didn't want to take any chances.

"Are you sure that it's poison iv- wah"

You contradicted everything you just said by jumping away from a small round leaf plant that Stanley had now convinced you was poison ivy. That set Eddie off in a panic and Stanley started checking for a reaction on your skin.

"Where? Where's the poison ivy?"

"Nowhere, not every fucking plant is poison ivy, Stanley."

Richie was laughing at eddies drama, he looked to you for reassurance that the plant you had touched was not in fact poison ivy, You nodded his way giving him the satisfaction before he headed into the barrens

"Ok well I'm starting to get itchy now, and I'm pretty sure this is not good for me."

"Nothing's good for you ed's, Its nothing, look"