Chapter ⸙ Four

~ Chapter Four ~

WARNINGS: Language, gore

Word count: 2624

***

"I think it's great that we're helping the new kid, but we also need to think of our own safety."

Drowning out Eddies voice as soon as he started on his rant, you knew it would be about some disease and how you would all get it and die. More problems to worry about was the last thing you wanted right now.

"I mean, he's bleeding all over and you guys do know that there's an AIDS epidemic happening right now as we speak, right?"

Looking at Ben holding onto the back of Bill's bike for dear life. You knew who Ben was, you'd seen him around but hadn't really talked to him. Before he showed up at the barrens you'd never even thought about him properly, and hadn't intended to get to know him. But given the circumstances you knew you would all have to, not that that was necessarily a bad thing.

Turning into the town, Skidding on some loose gravel almost tipping yourself over in the rush to get Ben some help. Stanley and Richie slowing down slightly to make sure you were okay, half nodding to them to keep going.

"My mom's friend in New York City got it by touching a dirty pole on the subway. And a drop of AIDS blood got into his system through a hangnail. A hangnail!"

You wanted to take a different turn and go home, you weren't grossed out or afraid to getting AIDS. To be fair you didnt have a full reason as to why you wanted to leave, But the events of the day deffinetly came into play. Finding Bettys shoe had shaken you up alot, as you were sure it had shaken up the rest if the group. When Ben came in bleeding out everywhere you hadn't been able to process it much, so you just felt weird.

"And you can amputate legs and arms. But how do you amputate a wa-- How do you amputate a waist?"

Pulling into an alleyway close enough to the shop to be in and out as quickly as possible, but not too close as to draw unwanted attention towards Ben and his.. problem. Everyone hoped off their bikes and helping Ben to sit down as Eddies voice came back into focus.

"You guys do know that alleys are known for dirty needles that have AIDS, right? You guys do know that?"

Bill took one look at the amount of blood spilling out of Ben and almost threw up in his mouth, he didnt want AIDS. Not that he thought he would get it, but Eddie's rant was in the back of his mind.

"Ah, we're screwed. Both of you, wait here. Come on."

Pointing to both you and Richie to stay with Ben, before taking Eddie and Stanley into the shop with him to buy supplies.

You leaned up against the wall, Annoyed at being left with the dying kid. Richie apparently had the same idea.

"Glad I got to meet you before you before you died"

You were almost certain that leaving a possibly dying man in the hands of you and Richie Tozier was the biggest mistake Bill could have made.

"Lift up your shirt."

Deciding to take a look at the damge before the others got back. Ben covered himself with his hands, hiding his stomach from you not particularly wanting to show off his gut.

"So we can look at the gash you weirdo"

Giving in and letting you pull up his shirt gently as to not cause anymore damage or hurt him, you backed away to get a clearer image of the gash. It was hard to make out the wound with the amount of blood pooling around it. Richie had already noticed it before you did, the gash had a H shape to it.