Chapter ⸙ Eight

~ Chapter Eight ~

WARNINGS: Language,

Word count: 3273

Italics - memory
Underlined - You don't know it's happened (if that makes sense). It won't all be underlined, but all space in between two underlined sentances signify ALL of it being stuff you didn't witness.

***

The bike ride to Ben's house was silent. Everyone was in their own thoughts, processing the new information about derry and awaiting more history about the town from Ben. Aside from Richie who wasn't as quiet, you could hear the faint sound of the freight train tearing through Derry in the background.

But in your own brain, a train of thought was tearing though your mind. You couldn't stop thinking about all those missing kids, It made you feel sick and hollow. A slight tinge of guilt filled you, how could you have never noticed just how many kids had gone missing. They were your classmates, your neighbours.. your friends brother.

Slowing to a stop as everyone else hopped off their bike, everyone but Stan dropping it to the ground. Stan as usual takes time to put his kickstand down. You would have waited for him (as you normally do), but you still felt weird around him and you knew you shouldn't, in no timeline could last night have been his fault.

Skipping up Bens front stairs and into the house to catch up to everyone else, you missed the woman stapling a missing poster of Patrick Hockstetter to a free telephone pole on the other side of the street.

Trying not to snoop around Ben's house as you followed after the rest of the losers towards Ben's room. Ben rushing ahead presumably to clean up whagever weird stuff he has lying around his room, not prepared for the unexpected visit.

"Dude just tell me what's in there"

Eddie trying to strike up a conversation about what they could possibly find in Ben's room, Richie joking around with it as per usual

"Yeah. I heard he has a rollercoaster and a pet chimp and an old guy's fucking bones"

Laughing to yourself as Richie went on with his wild theorys as to what he thought was in the room ahead. walking through the open door to see a bunch of crazy news articles, pictures and books plastered all over the room. Any trace of a mess had been hurriedly cleaned up in an attempt to make it presentable.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wow!"

Richie's attention was drawn to the wall of articles and pictures of Derry. You moved over to have a closer look at the wall with Richie, While Stanley immediately walked over to look at the chaos of stuff on Ben's desk. Ben perking his head up proudly, as if this was someone one should take pride in.

"Cool, huh?"

"No. No, nothing cool. There's nothing cool."

Richie shook his head, not ready to admit that anything to do with Derry was cool. Bill took his time to look over some cards near Ben's bed while Richie continued to ramble to himself.

"Oh, this is cool, right here. Wait, no. No, it's not cool"

Beverly made her way over to the picture wall, next to where you were standing. You glanced over some more of the articles words like murder, dead and kidnapped catching your eye. Sending a shiver down your spine, you turned to Beverly.

"It's a bit creepy"

She pulled her eyes of the wall, a concerned look sitting on her face matching hand in hand with yours, concern and a hint of being scared. She shook it off and smiled at you, happy to have someone to share her thoughts with.