Chapter 10: Unrequited Feeling

Hyewon's POV:

Sometimes, it's hard not to look back at the past.

It's even more so when you just wanted to forget everything that you regret having done.

All you wanted was a fresh start, to run away from it all.

That was the only thing I wanted to do, back when I decided to leave you.

Believe me, it was a hard decision that I made, for my feelings towards you still linger within me.

However, this is something that I decided for myself.

I realized that I did something that you'll never be able to forgive me for, and it pains me to this day.

Just when you needed me more than ever, I suddenly left your side.

My reasons for doing that would be hard for you to understand, but I did it knowing that I will never have a place in your life anymore.

No, after what I did, there shouldn't be hope for that happening, no matter the circumstances.

I deserve to be alone, with no one to care for me, because that is what I did to you.

Ever since that day, I moved to a different place, ready to start a new chapter of my life.

A life without you, the person whom I thought I would have at my side forever.

But even so, I promised myself that this is the path I chose, and I should never regret it.

I continued my studies here in Seoul, committing everything I can for my own future.

At first, everything was going well, and I'm thought that maybe I made the right decision.

I never felt so free before, with the only thing on my mind was that I would have a great life here.

For a time, I managed to convince myself that this is what I wanted all along.

"Forget the past, and give yourself a chance to be happy on your own", was what I always say to myself.

Come to think of it, it wasn't entirely wrong, for everyone has a right to pursue what they want for their life.

Over time, I met all sorts of people here in the city.

Some of them even became my friends, and I had come to treat them as such.

They respected me for who I am, and I found a sense of belongingness when I'm with them.