Chapter 40: Sentimentality

Like the ever-changing seasons, people continue to move on towards the next chapter of their lives.

Of course, one must also be prepared to let go of some things in the past, all the while turning them into inspiration so as not to stray from the good path that one must walk into.

For certain, this may be a very difficult thing to do, yet no one should ever lose sight of the goodness that awaits us at the end of it all.

But life continues to teach us lessons every single day.

No matter which point in time, it goes without saying that all that we learn will gradually result into an outcome, regardless of how unpredictable it would be.

The past serves as a reminder of a person's deeds, which carries on to the present, which eventually build the future that they aspire towards.

For one particular individual, he made his own choices based on his own sincere thoughts, as well as what his heart truly desires.

Having made these difficult decisions, he is now ready to move on to what's ahead of him, all the while possessing the qualities of a person filled with hopes and expectations.

Still, he knows that there are still a lot of challenges that will come, and some of it might be too much for him.

But one thing is sure, and that he's not alone, for he now has a lot of people to depend on. One of them is the very girl who never fails to instill joy in him whenever he sees her.

"Now this is a nice image. It's perfect for our souvenir. I'll show this to her later." Y/N said to himself while looking at the beautiful photo that he had just captured.

Feeling satisfied, he then searched for his girlfriend, whom he last saw looking at the spectacular view with her binoculars.

A smile formed on his face the moment he saw her, as it seemed like she never even moved a bit from where she is standing.

"Looks like you really love the view from up here, don't you?" He said to Sakura, who decided to put down the binoculars to face him.

"Of course, Y/N! It's a shame that the others are not here, though. I'm sure that they'll appreciate all of this too."

"That's right. But still, I'm happy that we have some time for ourselves, just the two of us."

Sakura almost cringed upon hearing his words, as the two of them cuddled a bit before deciding to walk towards the lounge.

"Hehe, well I don't mind it at all. In fact, I'm happy that it's just us today. If they're here, then I'm sure that they'll spend the rest of the afternoon trying to annoy us."

"Well that's to be expected. So then, where do you like to go next, Miss Miyawaki?" He teased.

"Yah, you don't have to be so formal all of a sudden! Hmm, let me think. Since we've already seen most of what Namsan Tower has to offer, how about we go to that special place next, if you know what I mean."

"Right. I knew you would say that. Your wish is my command, so let's go."

The two held hands as they walked at a slow pace, content of making the most out of the sights and the overall vibrant atmosphere surrounding them. Even though it's now the beginning of winter, both of them felt a sense of warmth, catered by the endless affection that they share together.