43 . party

Alice was dressed up to the nines

Alice was dressed up to the nines. They had been planning the wedding emphatically for the past seven weeks and it was soon to happen. Instead of being married in London, they had decided to do it in Cornwall at Alice's families beachside cottage. After that, Alice and Jonny would stay there for the summer and enjoy that rather than going on a foreign honeymoon straight away. After their Maldives adventure, the wedding and the house they were looking at buying, they definitely needed to save money somewhere. So, before going to Cornwall they were having a proper London night out with their friends. 

The girls had been out all day drinking cocktails at bottomless brunch and a cute little bar with flowers and feathers all over it. So the girl was definitely drunk. She had wanted Adam with her but Jonny had claimed his brother for his daytime festivities of going to the football match and drinking all day long. 

Now, however, the boys and the girls were joining up in their favourite nightclub. A place which played songs by Abba and Queen rather than whatever new rap artists the eighteen year old were all listening to at the moment. 

Alice's dress was long and sparkly, in her friendship group the tradition was to dress up formally when people were getting married, and she had definitely adhered to that rule. The neckline was plunging, probably the most daring thing she had worn since going to underage house parties and her hair was done in an elegant fishtail braid. She felt as if she was actually getting married in that dress.  

"Jonny is going to freak when he sees you." Georgina smirked. "You look so sexy." 

"Really?" Alice smiled widely, feeling giddy of all of the alcohol she had consumed during the day. 

"Al, I'm considering shagging you so Jonny will go wild!" The other drunk girl laughed manically, wrapping her arm around one of her best friends. 

"You're so weird!" Alice said with an amused look in her face. 

"You love me." 

"I do." 

"We're here!" Casey shouted from in front of them, her heels were in her hand and flip flops on her feet instead. No matter where they were going or what they were doing, Casey always seemed to have everything in her bag. 

"Ooo Luc!" Alice shouted, running up to her fellow redhead who had joined her office a few months ago now and Alice really liked her. "You need to speak to Adam tonight." 

"No, Alice." She sighed. "You said he refused to be set up so clearly he isn't interested."

"No, he just doesn't like trust me or Jonny to set him up but you two would be perfect together, I just no it. So would he if he wasn't so stubborn." 

"I'll speak to him if it happens but I'm not like pushing myself on him." She decided with a small smile to her friend. 

"Sounds perfect." Alice smiled, following her friends into the club.