15 . miss you

Alice's parents owned a house in Cornwall, a few years before they had sold their house and permanently relocated there

Alice's parents owned a house in Cornwall, a few years before they had sold their house and permanently relocated there. Every year since she had remembered, her family had gathered in the lovely house every single Christmas for a big party and an even bigger Christmas dinner. She was excited for Christmas, even if it meant missing the Goodman's and Jonny for a while, she couldn't miss seeing her parents and siblings when she barely saw them anymore. So, the girl had ran to Jonny's flat after her last day in work before the Christmas holidays to see him before she left. 

They lay in bed together with a movie on that neither was really paying attention to, they were barely even looking at the TV, instead their eyes were trained on each other and didn't want to leave. 

"I'm going to miss you." Jonny sighed; they had never really been apart since they got together, she had gotten closer to his family than she had ever been and the thought of not seeing her for a few weeks made him sadder than he thought it would. 

"I'm going to miss you too." She smiled, kissing his nose. "You'll have to come and see the Cornwall house one day, you'd love it. It's just down the road from the beach and you can have the loveliest walks and this cafe really close does the best hot chocolate." 

"Sounds lovely. So you're going to be having fun in Cornwall while I'm stuck with horrible Grandma and her stupid Dog." He groaned.

Alice laughed. "God, horrible Grandma is the worst." 

"Have you met her?" 

"Yeah, I helped Adam take her and the Dog to the vet and she told me I should dye my hair because it's the horrible shade of ginger that makes people's eyes hurt." 

"Oh wow." Jonny snickered, taking a strand of the girls hair in his hand and twirling it around her fingers. "I love your hair." 

"Don't look at it too long it'll burn." They both giggled together and Jonny kissed her happily, his hands on the sides of her face as he pushed her further into the comfy mattress. She always responded to his touch, her hands on the sides of his bare stomach. 

"Alice." He pulled away, looking at her seriously. 

"Hmm." 

"I think I love you." 

Alice paused, not expecting him to say anything like that. She bit her lips harshly before a huge grin took over her face. She flung her arms around the boy tightly, pulling him closer to her again before rolling them around so she was straddling him. "I think I love you too." Alice was half convinced that she felt more than that for Jonny, but knowing how much he struggled with words like that she held herself back, happy with the progress that was happening in their relationship. It was easy to see how much the Liz scenario had made him value what they had. 

"Ohh please don't leave with me with my weird family!" He moaned. "I can't deal with pussface alone." 

"I like your weird family." She laughed. 

"Adam told me to ask what you got dad." Jonny spoke curiously. 

Alice shook her head. "You'll laugh at me like he did, it's not even that odd I think it's kind of cool."

"Tell me." He poked her cheek playfully.

"A serial killer colouring book." She said quietly, Jonny started laughing loudly, muttering about how strange the thing was. "Well, he's finished his crossword book!" 

"Why do you both like death so much?" 

"I don't! True crime is just interesting." She laughed putting her hands over her face in embarrassment. "You're such a dickhead!" 

He pulled her hands down from her face and pulled her closer to him, joining their lips once again, wanting to fit in as much kissing as possible before they were separated. Their bodies relaxed as they fell into each other, feeling high in the clouds.