19 . tattoo

Alice had managed to escape work slightly earlier than she was meant to, so she stood in the kitchen with Ed Sheeran playing as she cooked some pasta and garlic bread for her and Jonny

Alice had managed to escape work slightly earlier than she was meant to, so she stood in the kitchen with Ed Sheeran playing as she cooked some pasta and garlic bread for her and Jonny. The high notes from Thinking out loud did not sound as good in her out of tune singing but she was enjoying herself regardless. Pesto sauce wafted around in glorious scents, making her desperate for her boyfriend to arrive home. So, when the door banged open she hummed happily and waited for his arrival into the kitchen. But it never came. 

Instead, she found Jonny slumped on the couch with a mix of shock and sadness all over his face. Alice was instantly confused as she sat down next to him, placing a hand on his leg. 

"Hey, I made dinner." She smiled but got no response. "Are you okay, babe?" 

"Yeah, it smells great." He said monotonously. "You eat, I'll just have mine later." 

"Jonny." Her voice was slightly firmer but still kind. "I'm not stupid, clearly something is going on. Did you have a bad deal or lose a property or something?" 

"For gods sake I don't want to talk about it!" He shouted, standing up quickly. Her arm was pushed from his thigh and a gasp escaped her mouth as he left the room angrily. The girl flinched as she heard the door to her flat slam and shook her head in confusion. 

Thirty five minutes later after pacing around the house and hoping Jonny would walk back through the door, Alice decided to call Adam. Worry was seeping through her veins and she just really did not understand what had happened to the boy since he kissed her goodbye passionately that morning. 

"Adam, is Jonny at yours?" She asked worriedly down the phone as soon as the boy picked up. 

"Erm, no why?" Adam sounded confused. "I haven't spoken to him today. What's happened?" 

"He stormed out, I don't know where he's gone." Emotion was clear in her voice and on the other end of the line Adam's brows creased. 

"Did you two fight?" 

"No, I don't know." She shook her head, her eyes welling with tears. "He looked really glum so I asked him what was wrong and he just left." 

"Al, do you want me to come round?" 

"Erm, no it's alright. I'll see you tomorrow anyway." She refused, feeling bad for bothering the boy. "Just maybe ask your mum if he's in there's and let me know if you hear anything." 

"I will, don't worry. Love you, Al." 

"Love you too, Ad." 

After hanging up the phone, she forced herself to eat some pasta despite the crushing worry in her chest and binged a few early episodes of Keeping up with the Kardashians to try and distract herself. Buried under a blanket with a cup of tea to her side she tried to stop anxiety from taking over her more than it already was. It was almost ten o'clock when she heard the door bang open and her head shot up. Jonny walked into the living room and looked down at the cute girl curled up on the couch, Alice could smell the scent of beer around him. 

"Are you drunk?" Alice questioned softly, there was no anger in her voice only concern. 

"No." He sat down on the small chair opposite the couch with a sigh. His eyes scrunched up in a way Alice had never seen before. "I'm a failure, Al." 

She sat up quickly, taking his limp hand in hers. "Jonny, what's brought this on?" 

"I lost my job." He muttered quietly. 

Alice gasped, her hand coming up to cover her mouth. "Oh Jonny." She propelled herself forwards, enveloping him in a tight and comforting hug. Wrapping his arms around her just as tightly as hers were around him, he finally felt calmer. He had spent the day worried and couldn't quite face the music when she asked what had happened. The boy had a life path planned for himself and losing his job had most definitely not been apart if it. 

"This is just a little bump. You're so determined you'll find something else." She tried to comfort the boy, rubbing his arm until he flinched. She pulled back worried. "What's that?" 

"What?"

"Why did you flinch?" She asked. "Have you hurt yourself?" 

"No." He cringed. "I've kind of done something, erm, spur of the moment." 

Alice's eyes narrowed. "You haven't?" 

She began unbuttoning his shirt quickly, he sat still knowing there was no way to stop what was going on. As she shrugged off the shirt she gasped even louder than before. "Oh my god you got a tattoo!" 

"Yeah." He nodded with a laugh. 

"Your mums gonna kill you." 

"Do not tell any of them, please!" He warned the girl. 

"Hmm." She teased with a smile, she could never truly stay mad at him. "I might if you keep having these mood swings with me." 

Grabbing her hand, he pulled the girl onto his lap, kissing all over her face lovingly. "I am sorry about that." 

"It's okay. I'll help you look for a new job." She smiled, kissing his nose lightly. 

"Thankyou." He smiled, before firming his arm and wiggling his eyebrows. "So, how sexy do I look with my new tattoo?" 

"Erm yeah, lovely." She said awkwardly. 

"What?" He asked panicked. "You don't like it? I think it's cool, it says 'live fast die young'." 

Alice began laughing wildly as the boy spoke, he looked at her with wide eyes. "Are you 16? It's kind of horrible." She told him honestly. 

"I did do a few shots in the pub and have two pints before I did it." He admitted with a sigh, burying his head in her shoulder. 

"Yeah, I can smell it." She laughed loudly. "It doesn't matter. I still find you very sexy, I'll just pretend not to see it and your next birthday present will be lazer removal." 

"Alice!" He moaned. 

"Come on." She grinned, kissing his neck avidly and beginning to move her hips from where she sat on his lap. "I'll show you how sexy I find you." 

He groaned, his head lolling sideways as he looked at her. Bringing her even closer, he pushed their lips together, smirking as they broke apart from the kiss and she continued her actions. "Maybe I should lose my job more often." 

Question: does anybody actually like Jonny's tattoo or is it universally the worst thing in the world ahaha?xx