1. The City's Protector

Imagine the Phantom as Dylan O'Brien (With a beard) and the police chief as Danny DeVito for me please and thank you :D

"Hey, this is Avery. Please leave a message after the beep."

"Avs, girl, we are at the coffee shop. Hurry up!"

"Say we aren't going to wait for her. She's always late."

"What's that? Up in the sky? Is that the protector?" *click*

Across the city from the gathering girls roared a gigantic robot as it hung off the side of the Mastorfield tower. The mechanical arms of the machine flailed as its weight bent and buckled the support beams. As the robot climbed higher to the top of the building, the structure began to precariously lean. The various contents of the offices inside sliding from one end of their rooms to the other.

The owner of the building rushed towards the exit with his staff and his bodyguards, his trousers wet with fear. He barged and pushed his way through his employees as the lot of them scrambled over each other in a desperate bid for freedom from the groaning building. The building appeared on the verge of complete collapse as the last employee bolted free from the doors and onto the street. He glanced just in time to see a red flash zoom past him.

A shout from the crowd pulled all their heads towards the sky. "It's the protector!" Cried another as the flash slowed, showing the form of a man floating before the now still machine. The crowd cheered at the sight of him before security and fire officers escorted them to a safer, cordoned off area.

The protector smiled proudly at the sound of the crowd cheering for him, his smirk hidden by the helmet covering his entire head. "Phantom!" He called, his voice both projected and deepened by the small microphone fitted inside his helmet. "You have three seconds to exit the vehicle!"

"It isn't a vehicle." Inside the robot, a deep, raspy voice spoke as the head opened with a whir and a click. "It's a high-performance metal killer."

"Just like you then. A cold exterior, a chip on its shoulder, and a penchant for being where he isn't wanted." The Protector bit his lip to suppress his laughter as the Phantom emerged from the head of the robot with an audible groan.

"UGH! Get some new material!" He called to the floating hero as he readied himself for battle.

"The moment you get a new hobby."

"I'll let you know I have a vast array of hobbies!" Snapped the phantom. The left half of his face covered by a white mask made his facial expressions unreadable to the hero before him. With a grin spreading across the villain's face and his hand moving behind his back, The Protector braced himself for the coming attack. "My favourite hobby is killing you."

A gun came into view from behind the Phantom's back, causing the Protector to shoot sideways in the air. The protector evaded the Phantom's repeated shots. The latter replacing handguns as his ammo depleted rapidly.

Feeling himself hit, the protector took refuge behind a nearby building to assess the damage. Carefully lowering himself to the ground to see if the bullet graze to the leg affected his standing capabilities. "Playing dirty this time, I see." The Protector jibed from his new location, keeping an eye on the crowd that had formed nearby.

"How dirty would you like it, dear?" The Phantom chuckled deeply as he pulled another gun from his waistband. "I could paint the town with your filthy blood if you like?" He moved to shoot another gun but pulled it back as it clicked instead of fired. He fiddled with the jammed trigger for a moment before throwing it aside with a growl and reaching for another weapon, only to find them already depleted.