chapter 17

No one's point of view

Early the next morning, Seth heads to Bella and Rosalie's house to ask Lauren out on a date. He felt nervous and worried that she would decline, but deep down he knew that wouldn't be the case since she was his imprintee. He arrived at the mansion and knocked on the front door, waiting patiently for someone to answer. The door opens to reveal Bella.

"Hey, Bells," He smiles, greeting the girl casually.

"Hey. She's upstairs in her room," She informs him.

Seth thanks her before entering the house and heading upstairs. He walks down the hall before arriving at his imprint's bedroom. 

He takes a deep breath before knocking on the door. He hears her tell him to come in and he walks into the room, finding her sitting down on her bed reading a book.

Lauren looks up from her novel and smiles when she sees him. She is always happy when he is around.

"Hey. I didn't know you were coming over," She says, closing up her book and placing it on the bed beside her.

Seth sits down next to her on the bed and takes another deep breath. Lauren notices how nervous he is and gently places her hand on his.

"What's going on? Are you okay?" She asks, her tone laced with concern.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine I just have a question to ask you," He begins.

"What is it?" She stares at him, waiting patiently for an answer.

"Will you go out with me?" Seth asks quickly.

Lauren raises her eyebrow but a smile appears on her face when she finally understands what he meant.

"Of course I will go on a date with you," She says excitedly.

"Good," He sighs in relief and gives her a huge smile.

"Did you think that I would say no?" Lauren questions.

"Not really but I was still nervous," Seth replies sheepishly.

"When are we going?" She wants to make sure she has enough time to buy her dress and shoes.

"How about this Saturday at five o'clock?" Seth suggests, and Lauren nods her head.

After the two hugged, he stands up from the bed and walks out of the room. As he walks out of the room the young wolf sees everyone lingering around the hallway near the bedroom.

Leah walks over to her brother and pats him on his back.

"I can't believe this day has finally come that my little brother is going on a date," She says, choking up at the end.

"Are you crying?" Seth asks her, astonished that his sister has shown some emotion again.

Leah smiles and Alice kisses her mate before bouncing into Lauren's room.

The younger girl looks at Alice with a confused expression on her face.

"Get ready because we're going dress shopping tomorrow," Alice smiles.

"I would love that. Thank you so much, Alice," Lauren stands up from her bed to hug the older woman.

Bella is relieved that she doesn't have to take her daughter shopping. She loves Lauren and is happy for the teen but Bella dislikes shopping.

She always has since she was a child.

"Don't think that you're not going, Bella," Alice says.

"I really don't think..." Bella begins to protest but stops when she sees the pleading look on her daughter's face.

"Please, Mom," Lauren whispers. Her mother sighs, knowing that she doesn't have much of a choice anymore.

"Then it's settled. We're all going shopping first thing tomorrow morning!" Alice bounces happily out of the room.

Bella crosses her arms over her chest and rolls her eyes. Lauren changes into her pajamas, lays on her bed, and smiles before letting the darkness of sleep consume her.

Lauren's point of view

I wake up early the next morning and quickly get out of bed. I walk out of my bedroom and head down the hall to the bathroom to shower and brush my teeth.

When I'm finished I head back to my room and open my closet to look for some clothes to wear. I change into a white crop top t-shirt and a pair of blue skinny jeans.

I head downstairs for breakfast after I am finished getting dressed to find Esme cooking some eggs, bacon, and sausage.

"Is mama and the rest of the pack awake?" I ask her.

"No, but they should be soon," She explains. The food keeps cooking and the aroma gets stronger. A few minutes later, the pack, including my idiot twin brother come swarming into the kitchen.

"Perfect timing, the food's done!" Esme announces.

Max gets his pate then I get mine, much to Seth's dismay. After he and I are finished eating, everyone else takes their serving.

"It's cute and all, but you don't have to do everything for me," I tell Seth. He blushes and looks down sheepishly. I hear footsteps and turn around to see the rest of the family.

I excitedly grab Mama and Alice's hands.

"It's mall time!" I exclaim, bouncing on my feet.

"How can you be my daughter?" Mama questions, rolling her eyes.

"I don't know, but let's go," I chuckle. We then head to the mall.

Thirty-minutes later

We arrive at the mall after a thirty-minute car ride. Alice and I excitedly get out of the car and drag Mama toward the entrance of the mall. 

We decide to go to Forever 21.

Bella's point of view

A blue, strapless satin dress grabs my attention as soon as we walk in. I walk up to the dress.

"This one," I exclaim, like a little kid at a candy store.

Lauren and Alice walk over and gasps. "Wow, you have fashion sense!" They say in unison, mocking me.