Beginning

The room glowed under the warm gaze of the fire and the smell of freshly brewed coffee fragranced the air. It was a cold and dreary day outside but she was nice and warm in the reading room of her family house.

She sat at a small circular table which held her paper coffee cup from the nearby cafe and a thick encased book.

Her hand moved and opened the hardcover to reveal her handwriting in the middle of an otherwise blank page.

"Property of Kim Jisoo."

She had never been one to keep a diary. Mostly because she had no time for such a daily task but also because she valued her privacy and was oddly nervous about someone reading it without her consent. Her family, though she adored them, didn't have much regard for personal space.

Being an idol, she got to experience a lot of things she otherwise wouldn't.
Knowing more than to depend on her fragile memory, she had finally decided to record these experiences in a journal.
She didn't update it daily.
Just whenever she felt like there was something worth remembering.

Such a thing had happened a few days ago.

She had been one of the masters of ceremony at an award show. But that wasn't the special part. She had already done that many times before. Perhaps because of her friendly and cheerful demeanor, she had occupied the role several times since the start of her career, which had actually just been a little over an year ago. Her most frequent companion during this role had been Park Jinyoung. They were now good friends.

But this time she had gotten an additional co-presenter, going by the name of Kim Taehyung. 
She had already known a good deal about him of course...who didn't?
His stage presence had blown her away like most other people.
In fact if she had only seen him on stage, even with her outgoing personality, she would've been far too intimidated to approach him.

Thankfully his actual personality was the polar opposite. He was quite warm and goofy. His behaviour was somewhat eccentric but others could not help but like him. He seemed just too pure to dislike.

This was all very funny to her because the more she had seen of him, the more he had reminded her of her own self.
It was like someone had created the male version of her. Despite having debuted three years before her, he actually happened to be almost eleven months younger.

She had never been one to be mesmerized by physical appearances, although she did value a nice smile.
Being a renowned beauty herself, she had been judged far too many times just because of her appearance and caught far too many eyes that didn't see her beyond that. And so she had grown weary of beauty and all that came with it. 

But even to her, his beauty had been head-turning. He had always had quite an "anime-like" appearance but it was when he had stood right next to her that she had seen just how perfect his features were.
The sharp jawline, the symmetrical nose, the golden skin, the boxy smile and the long eyelashes (probably even longer than hers). She had to admit, she had been a little enchanted by it all. 
His ethereal appearance greatly contradicted his voice which was as deep as the ocean. What a perfect specimen, she thought strolling through her memories of him now engraved onto her brain.

Was she really going to write all this crap in her journal?
She scoffed. Of course not. She wasn't that smitten.

Her eyes briefly shifted to her phone, as if they were expecting something. 
She had given him her number. It had been nothing special. All three MC's had exchanged numbers. But this was the first time she was hoping someone would make use of hers.

Nothing. She rolled her eyes for even wishing and took a sip from her coffee. Her tongue burned. Great. Now eating spicy food would be a rather unpleasant task.