Withering

She checked herself one last time in the mirror and hurried down the stairs, her long emerald green dress flowing behind her. But she slowed down halfway, not wanting to sprain her ankles in the three inch heels. 

She usually never dressed this fancy outside of work. Therefore today had been a lot of effort. The dress was accompanied by a single pair of diamond studs. She had decided to leave the rest of her piercings empty. 

Taehyung was taking her to a proper restaurant.

She was still at her parent's house, so it had taken a lot of convincing to keep them from talking to him. Instead her brother had opted to introduce himself.
She  grabbed her purse and walked out of the house, her brother trailing behind her. 

A sleek black SUV was parked outside the gates and Taehyung stood there, leaning against it. She felt her face grow warm. He looked rather sexy in a deep blue polo shirt and black slacks.
The corner of his lips pulled up slightly at the sight of her.
She made her way towards him. Her heels crushed the gravel beneath and the cool night breeze caressed her bare shoulders, making her shiver.

She quickly introduced Taehyung to her brother. They awkwardly exchanged a few words, both of them looking a little flustered much to her amusement.
A few minutes later they drove away as she watched her brother walk back inside through the side mirror.

His car smelt of lavender and dog.
She asked him when she would get to meet his most trusted furry friend. "Soon," he answered with a smile.

He drove fast and they arrived at the restaurant much earlier than she had anticipated. Her eyes widened at the extravagant sight. 
It was a three storey building with whitewashed walls and twinkling black rock. The little amount of glass present spared a glimpse of the sparkling chandeliers from within. It's surrounding was neatly paved with flower clad plants giving off pops of colour.

He opened the door of the vehicle for her and helped her out. She noted how he held her hand by her fingers, as if assisting a princess.
Once they were inside, he exchanged a few words with the receptionist who directed them towards an elevator. This took them to the rooftop, which was prettily lit and instantly caught her heart.

The weather was perfect for an outdoor dinner. She just hoped it wouldn't start drizzling later into the night like the last few days had been.

Sitting under the moonlit skies and dazzling stars, they ate like pigs, both being ravenous from having had nothing to eat since lunch.
Towards the end he ordered a bottle of wine which she declined as it made her sleepy and opted for a hot chocolate instead.

He seemed to have left most of his worries at home and conversation flowed pleasantly between them. She guessed he wasn't much better with alcohol than she was by the way he progressively became funnier and sloppier. As she watched a trail of the red liquid dribble down his chin, she suddenly remembered a faint memory of something her mother had said years ago; about how everyone in this world had their own person.

A few hours later it started to drizzle like she had thought it would. Thankfully they had long finished their meal and were just having a casual conversation when she felt the first drop of rain on her shoulder.

They quickly made their way back in and took the elevator down. The doorman escorted them to the vehicle under a giant black umbrella. 
Taehyung asked her whether she wanted to go home and smiled at her instant refusal. Instead they drove around the illuminated but slightly obscured road. At last he parked under a tree and let the rain drizzle down his windshield. 

With the rain patterning down and the speakers playing soft tones of Jazz, she was overtaken by the ridiculous feeling of being aroused and relaxed at the same time.