Rainy Day, Clear Skies

this is a really old draft sitting here rotting away so here ig

its not the best but enjoy this if it is enjoyable

Total word count: 840
---

Ever since that bright fateful day, though to speak truthfully the sky was covered by large masses of grey clouds as it rumbled the heavens above with its roars of thunder.

Two teenaged boys stranded under the buss stop, the silky pink haired boy on the right keeping an umbrella over his own head, not liking for his precious hair to be dampened more from the rain.

To the left of him was another male, blonde tangled locks of hair while halfly holding his partly drenched school bag over his head in an attempt to keep himself dry as possible and to not catch a cold.
To say it was akward was an understatement. Only the loud thuddering from above and the rain hitting the pavement could be heard.

Bright energetic blue eyes turn to look at the redhead. They looked like the same age so surely talking wouldnt hurt! Slightly shivering, the blond opened his mouth to talk. His tone was cheerful as ever

"The bus looks like it's going to be late.. pretty unlucky for both of us huh?"

The boy to the right turned his head, a quite dumbfounded and not knowing how to reply to a complete stranger he had never seen before. Clearing his throat he replied,

"...Unlucky for the both of us? Says the one without an umbrella. You sound like a creep." He stated with a scowl, before turning away once again. Surely the other teen would get the hint.

"Ahaha-" A nervous laugh escaped from the umbrella-less boy, a small smile replacing his suprised expression qiuckly

"And I'm not a creep at all its true!"

"Saying that makes you sound even more like a creep."

"I'm not a creep, and I can prove it! The names Minamoto Kou and I'm from a family of exorcist-"

The redhead abruptly cut him off, head swiviling over to look at him one again while taking a small step away, "Exorcist? Yikes. You watch too much anime"

"For the last time im not a-!! Agh. You know what forget it." Kou had started to have second thoughts about this, unsure but he decided to keep pushing on "I introduced myself so it's only fair you do the same!"

The unknown name of the boy fell silent for a breif second, "Mitsuba Sousuke. Look at you trying to squeeze information out of me you tottaly are a creep!!" Mitsuba cried out, all too dramatically.

"You willingly told me your name-! I'm just trying to pass the time for petes sake!"

Their bickering seemed to go back and forth, the argument seemingly going nowhere until the late buss arrived.

-
-
-
"Say, Minamoto-kun~ Why'd you bring us to this bus stop? It's soooo hot outsideeee" Sousuke whined ever so dramatically, fanning himself with his hand as if that would bring him any sort of relievement.

Kou tensed up visibly, lightly nibbling on his own bottom lip looking like a nervous wreck. "I... I brought you here because this is where we first met!"

Mitsuba nodded, "Well no shit-"

he didn't fail to notice the steadily burning red on the others cheeks grow that most definetly wasnt from the sun.

"..Continue on," Soft pink eyes stared fowards at the boy infront of him. Blue eyes glued to the floor before the exorcist forced himself to look back up st his friend, wanting to melt at the spot. The thudding and fluttering feeling in his heart was almost too much to bear.

The teen interwined his hands with the pink boy infront of him, nervously gulping. "So I was wondering if.. You wanted to go out with me...? A-As in a date! I,,, like you.. a lot" His last words grew quieter, to a whisper.

Mitsuba was left stunned, almost star struck one could say. Going to speak, but not even a single letter to come out as he close his mouth. Cheeks flushing the same color as his own hair. It was Sou's turn to look away, to look at anything but those ocean eyes. Slowly looking at their interwined hands

"Well-um!Youdon'thavetoofcourseifyoudon't
likemeinthatsortofwayandsayno-
I'llunderstandandthenwecan
justforge-" Kous half paniced rant was caught off by giggles only beloning to Mitsuba, which soon exploded into laughter.

The teen exorcist was left standing there stuprised? confused. A few 'huh-???'s and embarassed inaudiable words coming from him.

Eventually, the redhead calmed down, a smile brighter than the sun resting on his lips, his pink eyes gleaming. Pulling the minamoto into a close hug, arms wrapping around the exorcists frame before burying his face into the crook of the boys neck muttering something.

If it hadn't been for them standing so close next to each other, kou was positive he wouldn't have heared the soft words that made his heart do flips and break out into a smile,

"I Like you too"

....

"You're still a creep though!"

"nO!!!!"