Chapter Thirty Five

One Smile Please

Chapter Thirty Five:

"Charlie!" Cameron hollered yet again from downstairs. That was the twenty-seventh time. I was on the verge of killing him. "Charlie!!" he stretched the 'e'. No dude, resist murdering him. You've got to resist killing him and letting killer bees loose on him after covering him with radioactive honey! Or poking a hole through his belly button with a spoon and watching him bleed to death as you eat popcorn.

I had even tried looking for my headphones to put in, and block him out, but I couldn't find them.

"Charlie!"

"What the actual fuck do you want Cameron!" This time I stormed out of my room and thundered downstairs, with murder in my eyes. But as I walked into the living room, Cameron was sitting there on the floor next to the TV. And the TV had pasta - spaghetti - stuck to it, and the spaghetti spelled out: 'Sorry'. The idiot had a goofy little smile on his face and hope in his eyes. Hope that I'd like what he had done.

I took a deep breath and gave him a glare. "You put burnt pasta on my TV?"

"Yeah... I couldn't actually think of anything else to do with it. I mean after I'd made you dinner I was going to do this in your plate, but that didn't actually work out as you can see."

"So you put it on my TV?" he nods. I give him a tired look and slump down on the sofa. "Cameron. Please leave. I've seriously had enough." My heads in my hands and I'm trying not to show any emotion.

"Okay. I'll see you tomorrow then." That was easy... I look up in confusion and see Cameron give me a small smile whilst putting on his jacket. "Bye." With that he was off. Huh. I look back up at the TV and smile to myself. How did he even manage to stick it on there?

The next day I had decided that in order to avoid Cameron I was going to go grocery shopping.

Which was why I was in Asda at nine in the morning with my trolley, talking to the vegetables. They seemed fruitly friendly. I started laughing to myself at my rubbish attempt at a pun. Wow I was bad at this. And yes I was laughing randomly, and the staff were giving me odd looks.

As I turned the corner into the bakery isle, I examined the bread and cakes. Mainly the cakes. They looked good. Ugh. Really good. Especially the Victoria Sponge Cake.

"I'd suggest the Victoria Sponge Cake." a hell of a familiar voice said from behind me. I groaned. Not even trying to hide it.

"What? It's Mission Redemption Day Two. You didn't expect me to not show up to our shopping trip did you!? Anyways so what are we shopping for?"

"A life. For you. You are in great need of one." I say sarcastically without even looking towards him. I pick up a cheesecake from the little refrigerated area and put it in my trolley.

"But my life is standing right in front of me." he says innocently. This makes me look at him with scrutinising eyes.

"Seriously? Seriously? That was way too cheesy, even for you." he smirks and looks in my trolley.

He takes out the cheesecake and holds it up. "Was it really though? Was it cheesier than this cheesy cheesecake." Cameron asks with a deadly serious expression. I couldn't help but let a smile slip out. But I hide it and look away.

Cameron puts a Victoria Sponge Cake in the trolley and puts the cheesecake back on the shelf. I don't comment and move onto to get some bread.

As I reach for the white bread the idiot makes an inhaling sound. "Bad idea. I mean it's not healthy for you." I bite on my lower lip to refrain from swearing a twenty page essay at him.