Chapter Two

One Smile Please

Chapter Two:

I looked at my reflection in disgust. This skirt hurts my legs! No, I am not wearing this! And this blazer, why would you wear such a thing?! It's just ugh.... I know I'd worn the blazer a couple of times before and I'd been forced to get used to it but the skirt? Ugh. This deal seemed to be quite important so I had to make a good impression. Hoodies and converses just wouldn't do it.

"Charlie?" It was Simon; he hadn't left and made sure that I wasn't late for my meeting by waking me up at the crack of dawn. I'd only had three hours of sleep, which was why I had to use some makeup, so I didn't scare the manager off by looking like a zombie.

"Simon! I am not wearing this!!!! I look like I'm some old hag! I hate this!" I moan as Simon barges into my room. He takes one look and starts laughing. Told you he was mean. "This is serious!"

"I know, but you wearing a pencil skirt is too funny!" he said holding his stomach. I huffed. "Okay, okay, I'm serious now," he said still smiling, "Hmm... Where are your trousers again?"

I looked around trying to think of some excuse but when I couldn't think of anything I told him the truth, "You know my balcony? Uhm... I hung them there to dry after washing them and then went to work, but then when I came back they were gone..."

Simon stifled a laugh, "Okay, why don't you just wear some jeans with the blazer?"

"Simon you genius!" I say and then push him out of the room and change into some skinny dark blue jeans. Hmm, it looked better. I tied my hazel coloured hair up in a high ponytail and put on some pumps. I do prefer converses or flats, but I guess the black pumps are the most professional looking shoes I have.

I strutted out and Simon was standing there, "Not bad," he commented, I just rolled my eyes.

"Please drive me, I'm probably not going to find a parking place, please," I pleaded with my hands clasped together and he gave in. I grabbed my bag and we headed out.

____________

It had been a whole half an hour since I'd been waiting for the company's manager to meet up with me, the meeting had been arranged at a well-off looking coffee shop, which was okay because I could get food, but I was sitting here like a loner. We were only here to discuss the details, which was why the meeting was here, but how long? I spent most of the time sipping at my drinks or looking through the company's files. I had to say the company was quite wealthy and high ranking. It was a conglomerate company, meaning it had loads of smaller companies in its power, but the main establishment was interior designing and architecture. One of their subsidiaries was a wedding planning company which stood out to me, one because I loved weddings and personally loved taking photos of weddings, and secondly because all the other subsidiaries were things like tools, furniture and things you'd closely relate to interior designing and architecture.

Hmm, interesting.

I was on my third cup of hot chocolate. The reason I hadn't yet left was because the last time this happened, I had gotten the timing wrong... I had left ten minutes before the meeting had been scheduled. Never again.

After about five minutes I saw a sleek black car pull up, and a man in a black suit stepped out and then another twig like man. The man in the black suit looked vaguely familiar but then he was wearing some sunglasses so I couldn't really tell. The car after a while drove off. I was sitting the far corner of the café, meaning I could see the people outside but they couldn't see me. The men walked in, and a flirty waitress directed them into my direction, though before that they briefly talked about something.