XI

There was a period of silence as people started to leave and the principal made her way over to Julie. That was my cue to leave. I walked over to the boys. "That was insane!" I smiled, "You guys were amazing!"

"So were you!" Reggie laughed. I could feel myself starting to blush. 

"Anyway, thanks for the song Luke. It was perfect. You know, all of this.." I looked around, "might be just what I need to start writing again."

"See. I knew that me bugging you about that book would spark something. You might have not even thought about your motivation if it wasn't for me." Luke smirked.

"Still don't forgive you for snooping. Nice try though." I laughed. "You're right though. I might be starting to write something new. My motivation must've just... popped in." I smiled.

"What song?" Alex asked. "I bet it's a love song."

"Alex. Shut up." I laughed.

"I wanna hear more about this." Luke mentioned. "I'm going to find the song."

"Yeah... you so are" I rolled my eyes. Julie started to walk over and the boys poofed out.

"I got back in" She sighed. 

"Then what's with the long face?" I asked as I saw my sister looking to the floor.

"Flynn is mad at me because I didn't tell her about the boys."

"I'm sure she will calm down, after all you guys have been best friends for years. Nothing could tear you guys apart" I told her. We walked down the hallway being bombarded with congratulations from peers. We got to the end of the hallway to see the boys making a human pyramid.

"Julie! Y/n!" They all said in unison as Luke jumped down from their knees. 

"You! Stop doing that!" Julie looked around to see if anyone else was there.

"Whoa, this one's on you, we were already here then you guys came over." Reggie smirked.

"Are we not gonna talk about what just happened in there?" Luke interrupted.

"Yeah, the whole school saw you-" Julie started, "And it's freaking us out!" I quickly finished.

"Okay, good cause it's kinda freaking us out too. You could see us and then the other people could see us when we played music, and my clothes are made of air but for some reason I'm still getting a wedgie!" Alex ranted and Luke patted him on the back. Alex's words confused us all but we swiftly moved on.

"The important thing is that we rocked the place! They were loving you two!" Luke exclaimed.

"Are you kidding? They loves us!" Julie stated and I nodded in agreement.

"It was a great song Luke, thanks." Julie smiled at him.

"And did you see those cheerleaders looking at me! I think they were looking at me, please tell me they were looking at me!" Reggie grabbed Luke's shoulders. "They were looking at you!" Luke responded. I couldn't control my eye roll out of jealousy. Alex noticed and slapped Reggie on the head. "Rude."

"I'm so confused. The afterlife should come with instructions or something." He was so anxious, poor guy. 

"Good thing that girl came up with holograms, we would've been stood there for years trying to come up with something. Also... Julie got back into the program!" I was so proud of her.

Luke stared at her for a moment, "Why do you look so bummed?"

"Yeah you're making this face." The boys wrapped arms around each other and made a dramatically sad face. I couldn't help but laugh.

"That is not my face, and things just got a bit weird with Flynn." Julie sighed. "She asked about you guys and I couldn't say." 

"Sweeeeet, girls are talking about us already." Reggie and Luke high-fived and Alex once again hit them, I laughed even louder than before, but Julie glared at me, trying to get me to stop drawing attention to us. I urgently covered my mouth, making Reggie chuckle.

"Stop, I'm serious. I can't tell her about you guys for the same reason I can't tell my dad, she'll think I've gone off the deep end." I looked at Julie and I nodded in agreement.

"Well this dude definitely thinks you've gone off the deep end." Reggie pointed to a janitor walking by, giving us a super confused look. Me and Julie looked at the janitor and smiled, I don't think there was any coming back from that. 

"Anyway... we have to get to class." Julie started walking off as Alex and Luke poofed out. I started to walk away but Reggie grabbed my wrist and pulled me back. "What am I going to tell the guys. 'Oh look guys I saw a purple glowing light and now I can touch y/n'"

"I don't know Reggie, but if your going to definitely mention how much you like me." I said starting to walk away.

"Yeah yeah.. I will- Wait!" Reggie realized what he just said. I fake gasped and waved goodbye to him.

When I got home I opened up my songbook again. There was so much feeling I had in these songs. I knew it was time to start another song, and I knew exactly what I was going to write it about. But just then Reggie poofed in again.

"Heyo Reg" I said without turning.

"Hi, y/n, what you doing?" He asked peering over my shoulder. I quickly hid the words I was writing before he could read them. "Awwwe, am I not allowed to see?" He asked giving me puppy dog eyes.

"No you are not, and if you ever do, to quote my sister. I will break you."

"I'll just have to find a way then."

"Like you could." I put my book away and collapsed on my bed. Reggie collapsed next to me. "What are you doing Reg?"

"Lying with you. Is there something so wrong with that?"

"No. I guess not." I smiled and he smiled back. I sat back up and Reggie sat up with me.

"So.." He started, "We haven't discussed this familiar thingy since the night you got that burn." He took my hand to see the burn again. "It's nothing" I said as I looked back up to him. He took my hand for real this time and I had a flashback. Maybe this was the solution to why I knew him. 

It took me back to something that felt almost like a past life. It was me and Reggie on a balcony just looking at each other. He pulled me into an embrace and whispered something to me. "I can't believe I found you" and then suddenly I was pulled back.

"Did you see that?" I asked him.

"Yes! What was it?" 

"I don't know but I think that might be how we know each other." I smiled, walking away from him and sitting at my desk.

"Welp- I think that's my queue to leave!" Reggie quickly poofed out and left me laughing to myself. I had the perfect song.

________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, so I tried something with this chapter, and I love it to be honest. This ties into the song that I had thought out perfectly and rounds up the familiar fact that y/n and Reggie know each other. I really hope people like this because it is kind of out of my comfort zone but I want to make this the best to my ability. I really hope you like it :)