XV

Once I came home I saw Julie sitting in the garage alone. "Hey Jules" I walked in smiling, but she had an upset look on her face. "What's wrong?" Before I could answer the boys poofed in. We looked over to them and they bowed their heads.

"And where were you guys?" Julie asked.

"Uhm.. we were with Willie, we're meeting up with him again tonight." Alex lowered his voice and avoided our eyes. 

"Yeah.. but I want to know something.." Luke walked towards me. "How can you guys touch?"

"I don't know.. but I think it has something to do with this necklace." I pulled the lock and key off my neck and handed it to Luke. "I found the lock in some old boxes in the attic, I guessed it was my mom's so I kept it."

"And then I had that key necklace I showed you guys the night we played and everyone could hear us." Reggie stated, turned to Alex and lowered his voice to a whisper. "Best night ever!" Alex hit him on the shoulder and gave him an exasperated look. They turned back to me, Luke and Julie.

"It still doesn't make sense" Luke was staring at the necklace in his hands. "How is the necklaced linked?" He looked up at me.

"Well.. once I figured out Reg had the key, he offered we open it.." I looked at him and he smiled, proud of himself, I shook my head laughing and continued, "and once we did this weird wave of purple smoke came over us and pulled us together. We didn't think anything of it until that night."

"What happened that night..?" Julie walked over and took the necklace from Luke.

"Well, I hadn't slept all night and the necklace was just across the room on the table. Then uh.. it started to glow? It was a bright purple light and I ran across the room to grab it before it woke you up." They looked so confused. I knew nothing more then they did. "I hid it under the blanket and tried to get it to stop but I ended up somehow getting a burn on my hand." Julie walked over and took my hand, it had mostly healed now but she looked up at my sorrowfully. "It's nothing I promise." I smiled, "I didn't understand why, but after that it stopped. I ran down here and came to check if Reggie's key was doing the same thing and when I opened the door to the garage it was so bright. We put the lock around the necklace and the light stopped, but there was nothing after that. I think maybe that's why we can touch..?"

The others looked at me in shock. "And you didn't think to tell us?!" Alex yelled. "Well we were gonna!" Reggie retaliated. 

"But it's nothing" I shrugged and I sat on the couch. "This is not nothing!" Luke walked over to Reggie, "There is something bigger here! I mean, Reggie's a ghost and you can touch him!"

"Yep.. that's the situation..." 

"Come here, y/n" Julie signalled me over and Reggie followed. She took each of our hands and held them up, pushing them together and looking shocked when they didn't. "What are you doing?" I was so confused. 

"And that feels normal?!" Alex was freaking out, Luke put his hand on his shoulder to calm him down.

"No.. not normal.. it kinda feels like.. like eh.." Reggie stuttered.

"Like an electric shock" I finished looking up at him, he smiled at me.

"This is crazy." Luke looked over at us, Julie still holding our hands together. I looked at her and she let go, letting our hands fall to our sides once again. As my hand left his, Reggie's face seemed to fall.

"You think I don't know that?" I was so confused. I had managed to block that night out since it happened but thinking about it, it was far fetched. Impossible. 

"How do you know you can't touch the others?" Julie turned to me once more.

"I don't." I walked up to Luke and held my hand up for him to place his hand on mine. He passed through my skin like air. "That doesn't make sense. Why can I only touch Reggie?"

"Maybe it's a soul connection..?" Luke asked, "Reg, you said y/n felt familiar as soon as you saw her, you would talk about her all the time." I smiled, he would really talk about me all the time? "Do you think that's a reason?"

"It could be.." I walked over to Reggie and held both of my hands out for him to place his hands on mine."Hi" I whispered, smiling at him. "H-hey" He smiled back. He placed his hands on top of mine, this time a purple spark lighting between our fingers. I quickly tugged my hands away and winced in pain. "Are you okay?" Reggie asked, "Yeah, fine, but what was that?" 

"I have no clue"

I walked away, "See! This is insane!" I collapsed on the couch, head in hands.

Julie sat next to me and put her hand on my back, "None of us really understand, but we'll help you figure it out. All of us" She looked at the guys and they nodded. I was worried. When I touched him, I didn't feel human. I disappeared, people around me unaware I was around. It was terrifying. What did this mean?

________________________________________________________

Hey again, I only did a short chapter today because I didn't have much inspiration gain but I still think that the development of the necklace and where it came from is a good storyline. :)

-Zoe