Prolouge

Jax P.O.V

---

It was a beautiful day in Enchantasia and my Gilly's birthday. And I was running for my life. If she thought I forgot.. then the end of the world is coming! So I ran down the stairs, through the hallways, and into the courtyard, where Gilly was practicing some archery. 

Last night she had told me she had something really exciting to tell me, and I had absolutely no idea what it was. So I was clearly very excited. 

"Jax?" Gilly asked as she turned around. I panted from running around 30 ft. That's right, 30 feet. I was holding a bouquet and a small box. 

"Happy birth-day G-Gilly." I panted. I held up the flowers in front of me and Gilly just stared at me. 

"Really? You think I'm going to be one of those cliché girls in the movies who gasp when a guy presents them with flowers?" she asked, her voice dripping with sarcasm. With my other hand, I opened the small box and Gilly gasped. 

And slapped me. 

"Ow! What was that for?" I asked. 

"For making me gasp like a cliché woman!" she exclaimed. 

"And this is why I love you," I said with one of my charming smiles. 

"Do not try to charm your own wife Jaxon Porter!" she said strictly. 

"I'm sorry ma'am." I bowed and she put her hands to her hips. 

"Jaaaaaaax!" she groaned. "Sometimes I wish you weren't so handsome," she muttered under her breath, but I could still hear her. 

"What was that?" I asked, a smirk playing on my face. 

"Sometimes I wish that, uh, Prince wasn't so random," she said sheepishly. I stayed silent. 

"That was terrible wasn't it?" she asked. 

"Yeah, it was pretty bad." Gilly sighed and turned around. 

"Sometimes I wish I was still young," she said. 

"You don't need to be young to do things. 2 years ago, you destroyed your own enemy and saved FTRS the same way you did when you were younger. Just because you're older doesn't mean you're not Gilly anymore." I said, wrapping my arms around her. 

"Darlene was right about you being a strong speaker. That's one thing that hasn't changed," she said, leaning into my chest, her cheek pressed right against my heart. 

"And another is my love for you," I said, lifting her chin so I could look at her face properly. 

"Prince Jaxon, a visitor is waiting for you at the front of the castle. They want to speak with you." I looked up and turned around to see my butler. 

"Privately," he added. I looked back at Gilly. We shared a smile and I followed my butler to the front of the castle. 

A person draped in a black cloak with a crow perched on her arm stood there, its black and beady eyes staring at me. 

"You wanted to-" I was cut off as the crow grabbed a potion from its master's cloak and it flew over my head and dropped it on me. The glass shattered and the potion dripped down my face. The person took out a bag of dust and sprinkled some into my face, just enough for me to breathe. And boy was that a mistake. I took in one breathe and the world went dark. 

Oops.

---

Gilly P.O.V

---

I'm chill. I'm calm. 

I AM FREAKING OUT!

3 hours into my birthday and Jax is already missing. I mean, how worse could it get? I mean, as worse as no one can find him? Because that already happened. For all I know, he could be lost on the Isle of the Lost. He could be on an abandoned island. He could be in a kraken's stomach. Or even worse. 

"I think it might be time." the butler told me from his position. I rubbed my temples.

"Are you sure? I mean, they have the baby and all and if we call them now, they migh-"

"Your Highness, it's the only way." the butler said, cutting me off. I sighed and dialed my phone. Yes, we have phones. I am not waiting for letters. I. am. calling. them. period

"Hey, Gilly!" My cousin Mal's cheery but tired voice lit up the phone. There was crying in the background as well as yelling. 

"Hi." my tone was sad next to hers, even depressing. 

"What's wrong?" she asked me as if she was asking a toddler. 

"Jax has gone missing and we've sent search parties-"

"JAX IS MISSING?!" this time another voice could be heard and I was sure it was Ben. 

"When?" he asked frantically. He and Jax were best friends, so his concern was understandable.  

"3 hours ago. And worse, it's my birthday. And even worse, no one can find him."I answered, adding in the details. 

I could feel them exchange a look. 

"It's your birthday?" Mal asked. 

"Yeah... why? Did you... forget?" I asked, a smirk playing on my face. I drummed my fingers on my lap. 

"Oh no. No, no, no. We were warned of this. Jax would go missing on you're next birthday." Ben explained. The smirk melted off my face into pure terror. 

"Who was it that told you this?" I questioned. 

"A woman with a crow always perched on her arm. Shrouded in black." he described. I put my hand over the phone and signaled for James the butler. 

"Woman with a crow. All black. Is that who she was?"I asked him. He nodded. 

"Yes, Your Highness. Yet I am not sure about her gender." 

"But it does sound like the same person?" I asked. 

"Yes, yes it does Yo-" 

"No more 'Your Highness's, we have a lead," I put the phone to my ear again." Ben?" 

"Search parties are exiting as we speak," he spoke regally through the phone, much like AG when she speaks strongly. 

"How do you do it so fast?" I asked. 

"Talent. Kingly skills. Sm-" 

"I helped." Mal cut in. I stifled a laugh. 

"Thank you. I'll call you when we find him." I ended the call as a new hope had sprouted. 

"Call Ollie, Jack, AG, Jocelyn, Maxine, and Kayla will you?" I told the butler. He bowed and strode away to call them. 

"OH! AND RAZ! AND EUGENE! AND FTRS!" I added. He popped back into the room and nodded. 

Please be OK Jax...

I'm leaving you guys with a cliffhanger

The first chapter is coming out next Friday since I wanna give it a little suspenseeee