Pressure

The ice under Jack's feet fleeted once he entered the wide open room, a opening up above with a beanstalk in the center. 

A shiver chilled Jack's spine. 

Ever since his unforsaken event with the giant beanstalk, he couldn't forget the moments in which he would turn around and find a towering ugly beast cascading its shadow over him, baring its great big yellow teeth, crazed eyes that stared into his soul. The pounding of his heart so loud he heard it over the monster's growls. He waited for the day that once more, a monster would lurk above him on top of a great big beanstalk, ready for its first course. 

He never had the money to go to the therapy, nor did he have the time. He was busy tending ships, taking care of his mother, his cow, officiating weddings (it was one but he did it, didn't he?), and all the other turmulous motions of his life. After a while, he got over it, but every once a while, when the sky was gray and the clouds stopped the sunlight, was when the trauma finally crept into his minds and seized the moment. 

For the worst. 

Jack stared at the beanstalk, and then turned around. 

"Yep, not going in there are all," Jack started walking away, and just when he reached the end of the circle, which he had only realized then there was a circle, that the ground shook. 

Dear reader, at this part, you might believe that the floor rose to the ground dramatically, and Jack stumbled backward with fear he might fall off. 

AHAHAHAHAHA.

No. 

Instead, the floor sunk into the ground, and Jack stumbled forward, fearing that he might fall in. So, quite the opposite actually. 

It was only then the beanstalk dissapeared-an obvious mirage. He obviously knew that- and the ceiling started coming closer and closer, till it finally hit Jack. 

Figuratively, not literally. 

The ceiling was closing in on him. Jack looked around wildy. Sometime during his peril apparently, the door had closed in on him, and he was ultimately trapped inside. Jack eyed the pit, then glanced at the door and ran to the better choice. 

He kicked at the door. Obviously the better choice you know. He furiously pushed it, kicked it, punched it, and even tried eating it, with no effect. Jack had no choice. With each fuming second, the clouds parted to show the ugly piece of earth closing in on him. But the ugliness ended there. A silver key was jabbed in the center of it. Jack could just roll in, grab the key, and roll out. But no, it was too jutted inside the earth to be simply pulled out. Perhaps the point was to get in the pit and get the key in order to have the earth lifted off? Scary as it was, it was a chance he was willing to take. Or was he?

Jack stared at the spot where the beanstalk once was and jumped. 

The ground above him closed in with a finally SMACK and Jack was officially trapped inside. 

A blast of cool air popped out of nowhere and Jack looked around quizically, finding a small vent. 

"Is that air conditioner?" He waved his hand over it, and it was, indeed, air conditioner. 

I mean, at least the magic cares?

Jack pulled at the silver key, dirt falling, but he kept pulling, but to no use. He would need a tool, like a pickaxe or-

Just at that moment, a platform showed up, a pickaxe on top of it. 

"Thank you?" Jack grabbed the pickaxe and pounded at the key, dirt collecting in a pile below the key. Jack's breath caught every once in a while, the walls around him shrinking. It wasn't really though. But being encased in such a small place was starting to get to him. The corners of his eyes began blanking out, and his breathing eventually became labored. 

So. 

Small. 

The key fell out onto the dirt. 

Jack's face broke out into a smile, but not for long. The ceiling hadn't lifted and still loomed above him. Jack grabbed the pickaxe and began pounding at the ceiling. 

"OPEN UP!" He screamed, but nothing worked. The A.C turned off and Jack froze. 

He was now very, very, stuck.