two ━━ how disappointing

CHAPTER TWO: how disappointing

━━━━━━━━

❛ you are 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 ❜

     NOT BRINGING HER uniform gave her a major disadvantage. Her converse were nothing compared to the soft, luxurious shoes that she had with her costume. They helped whenever she flipped around and landed on her feet and they assisted in balancing her whenever she did. But because she did not have her outfit, she was left hiding underneath her hoodie, just in case anyone somehow recognized her. If they did, she honestly did not care, but she did not want to put her new friends at risk. Well, maybe she shouldn't call them friends just yet, but Kaldur seemed to like her at least so it was a start. Kid Flash, or Wally, pretty much avoided her besides the occasional glance of distrust and wariness, which she knew she deserved.

     They stayed in a group though, making their way to Cadmus as quickly as they could. Who knew when the heroes would finish up on their other mission. They had to swift. In and out. That's what Kaldur said at least as they neared the large building. Wally sped down the street ahead of them while she and Robin continued to leap across the rooftops as quickly as they could. It was almost as if they were racing, trying to prove to the other who was the better acrobat. Though he always landed perfectly, she was faster than him, her long legs giving her an advantage over his shorter form.

     She threw him a grin once she hit the pavement before him, sprinting over to the burning building, deciding to ignore the little sound of irritation that he made once she zoomed past him. Her laughed echoed as she ran even though there was a fire right in front of her. Wally was already helping the civilians trapped inside so she took it upon herself to grab onto the fire truck and swing herself on top of it before she jumped off of the vehicle and onto the wall, swinging her legs again to get some leverage. Kaldur called her by her real name in what sounded like a warning tone, but she was already slipping inside the window into the building. There was a laugh behind her and she spun to see Robin right behind her, helping Kid Flash inside.