Chapter 7 - Misery

"Shumaaaaaai!~ Shumai wait for me!"

I turned around to face the energetic little purple haired guy. I sighed.

"What's wrong Kokichi?" He pouted. "Aw, why do you look so mad my beloved? I just want to hang out with you, y'know, because I love you!~"

I felt my stomach fill itself with butterflies and my cheeks heat up. But that couldn't be true.

"... was that a lie?"

He did one of his manipulative grins.

"Maybe~! Okay now, follow me, we're going to go play a little game~"

...

I gasped as I opened my eyes.

I couldn't breath. My entire body was hurting so bad I couldn't move.

The pressure on my body was relieved and in front of me, I saw the glass of the pod I was in slowly open. I stumbled out of the pod, my legs instantly giving out under me. I gasped for air, as I laid on the floor, panicked. As much as I tried, nothing worked. All I could manage to breathe in were small portions.

Then, I felt a hand move towards my face, holding some sork of mask. They put the mask on my face. With this on, I was finally able to breath correctly. I slowly calmed down, my conscience slowly coming back to me.

I weakly looked up to who had saved me.

It was a man I recognized all too well. I'd seen so many pictures of him before.

He grinned. My eyes widened.

"Why hello there, Mr. Mastermind!"

He was the man behind the terrible voice that forced me to do all those horrible things. And he was...

He was Kokichi's dad.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Y-you're K-Kok...-kich-chi's... dad..." I managed to say, still breathing with difficulty, my lungs on fire.

"That's right, and I'm also the CEO of Team Danganronpa. It's a pleasure to meet you face to face... Mister Saihara."

He spat out my last name like it was poison.

My thoughts were all crumbling together as I tried to understand what was happening. My brain was hurting, my chest was hurting, my entire body was screaming in pain.

I let out a pained whimper as I tried to stand up, collapsing back down instantly.

"Don't even try moving. Your chest was blown to pieces, so if you try to stand up, your lungs or heart will probably fail you instantly."

My entire body froze as another pang of pain coursed through my body.

"P-Please... wh-hat do... you... want fr-rom me?"

"Oh, many things."

I gulped. He leaned towards me.

"Shuichi Saihara..."

He giggled. Now that I hear it close, that giggle did sound a lot like Kokichi's little horse laugh.

"Saihara... I hate that name. It's so ugly, and it reeks of you and your family's disgusting hope."

"H-huh?"

His shit eating grin faded.

"When I was 17, I participated in season 41. After the first virtual season aired, I became obsessed. So obsessed that I decided to take part in it."