Chapter 26 - Concern

SHUICHI POV

I yawned and opened my eyes.

I groaned as I felt a sharp pain in my lungs, making it hard for me to breath. My eyes laid on my phone on my nightstand and I picked it up.

It was four in the afternoon, I'd slept all day, missing my entire classes, exactly like yesterday. I sighed as I looked at my messages. My uncle asked me how I was doing and my aunt told me a bunch of things I needed to do to cure myself. I answered both of them and went to exit the app but then I found an unknown message.

I tapped it.

"Hello Shuichi. This is Kirumi. I just wanted to let you know I will drop off some food for you besides your door at 8 AM, 12 PM and 6 PM everyday. Is this okay for you?"

My eyes widened as I re-read the message. It was sent yesterday morning, but I hadn't seen it until now for some reason. 'How'd they know...?' My mind wandered back to yesterday when Kokichi was looking at my prescription. 'Ah... he must have told them.'

My hands trembling, from both cold and nervousness, I started typing out some words.

"Yes, thank you Kirumi." I made it as simple and neutral as possible.

As much as I didn't want her to bother wasting her precious time making me meals, I had absolutely no energy to go out of my room. I could barely even go to the bathroom to fill the humidifier, let alone go all the way down and make myself a meal.

I wasn't hungry either, but I knew I had to eat something in order to help my healing the best way possible.

I sighed as I tried getting up. I felt incredibly dirty, having not showered for nearly three days. My hair was sticking to my sweaty face and my clothes clinged to my skin uncomfortably. The pain was less intense than yesterday and the day before, but I felt even colder and I was sweating even more today. I'd also not eaten for two days, but despite that, I didn't feel hungry at all, only thirsty.

A shower would definitely do me some good. I opened my drawers and got out some fresh new clothes and headed out to go to the bathroom. When I got there, I locked the door behind me and undressed, feeling the cold air strike my body. I shivered as I turned on the shower.

My eyes glanced to the mirror as I waited for the water to become hot. I almost surprised myself when I saw my reflection.

My skin was as white as snow, my eyes were half opened and my eyebags were a dark purple mixed with blues and pinks, swollen and hanging low. My hair was stuck to my sunken cheeks, clinging to the sweat. Glancing down, I noticed I could see my rib cage push through my skin. That had never happened before; I've always been a little chubby, especially back in high school, from never doing any sports and only sitting at a desk all day, either watching Danganronpa, doing homework or playing the piano. The stress of the VR simulation made me loose a little bit of weight, but I hadn't noticed until now.

I got into the shower, the warm water making my body relax. It felt amazing and my constant shivering even stopped. I sighed and started washing my hair and body. When I was done, I didn't want to get out, so I just stayed there a little longer.

I finally got out of the shower after almost half an hour. I felt the most amazing I'd felt in a few days.

I grabbed my clean clothes and put them on. Feeling great, I decided to go downstairs to get myself a proper glass of water; not some cheap tap water from the bathroom's sink.

I took my medication with me and went downstairs. I headed to the kitchen; no one was around either. After that was done, as I went back to my room, I almost stumbled on Maki and Kaito, who were just turning around the corner to come in the kitchen.

-
A/N: Sorry for the short chapter :') This week is killing me.