Lloyd (3)

THIS IS THE SECOND OF TWO CHAPTERS UPLOADED! PLEASE READ THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER (Garmadon) BEFORE THIS ONE!!!!

Final Battle time, people! Hope you enjoy~

~~~~~~

How had it come to this?

As Lloyd limped his way up the tall building to the roof, he couldn't help but wonder where everything had gone wrong.

Actually, he knew exactly when it had all gone wrong: when he had hesitated and refused to take a shot. A shot that would have prevented all of this from happening...a shot that would have ended his father.

Even now, with Ninjago slowly being consumed by darkness, the thought of being the one to personally end Lord Garmadon made Lloyd's stomach twist itself into a knot. His father may have evil coursing through his veins, but he wasn't a monster. And Lloyd had refused—still refused—to kill him.

Now though.... That may have been the wrong choice.

Because now, the Overlord—the literal embodiment of evil itself—had taken over his father's body. Now, Dark Matter rained down from the sky, turning anyone who was unfortunate enough to be touched by the foul stuff into a mindless, violent puppet—a mere shadow of their former selves.

Now, almost all of his friends had been corrupted and turned against him, and the few that remained were struggling to hold off the darkness.

Now, Lloyd Garmadon—the fabled Green Ninja, the one who was supposed to save the world—was alone.

Alone, and injured to boot.

Why does Destiny hate him?

A slight misstep had Lloyd stumbling, hissing in pain when he accidentally put too much pressure on his badly sprained right ankle. "Tough it out, Garmadon," he muttered to himself. "It's just a little pain, you can push through it."

His ankle protested this little declaration, pulsing in pain almost in time to his heartbeat. Gritting his teeth, Lloyd did his best to ignore it. He was almost to the roof, just a few more steps...

Dark violet eyes watched him as he made one last little jump onto the roof. Metal shrieked as giant clawed feet shifted. Scales so purple they almost appeared to be black somehow glinted in the dim light, dark smog rolling off as a pair of leathery wings snapped open.

"At long lassssst," the Overlord hissed, bending its dragon-like body down so it could peer down at the young Green Ninja. "Ninjago is miiiiiine..."

Lloyd glared at the dragon, the wind gently blowing his blonde hair. In one smooth motion, he pulled on the hood of his gi. "Not on my watch," he declared.

The Overlord reared back its head and laughed—a horrible sound, akin to that of sandpaper, only ten times worse. "Give it up, Green Ninjaaaa," it said. "Admit it: you have lossssst! You cannot defeat meeee! Where there is light, there will always be shadowwww!"

"Not unless I shine bright enough!" Lloyd retorted, dropping into the best fighting stance he could manage.

The Overlord regarded him, violet eyes never once blinking. "Very wellll," it hissed. "If you wish to fight the inevitable, I shall let you fightttt... But only if you defeat my champion..."

Lloyd furrowed his brow in confusion. Champion? What Champion?....

Then, someone—a figure who, until now, had remained hidden in the shadows--stepped forth.