Kai(1)

Special shout out to lasarahleen for helping me with this chapter! :D

Hope you guys enjoy this latest chapter! 

~~~~~

Cole was weird, and Kai was starting to get kind of worried.

True, he had been willing to let the subject that Cole could see ghosts drop, out of a fear of hurting his now best friend/brother(and to avoid the ire of Cole's 'ghost' friend), but the red ninja was now seriously concerned. Cole's interactions with his 'ghost' friend seemed to have increased as time had gone on. Worse, he now had Lloyd going along with it. More than once, Kai had caught his little brother in-all-but-blood talking to thin air and trying to convince Kai that he was actually talking to Mark.

Nope, nuh uh. One brother seeing things that weren't there was bad enough, Kai wasn't going to have another one doing the same. He was putting a stop to this madness. Right here, right now.

"Okay, Kai," Cole sighed as he was gently herded toward the couch by the red ninja. "What's this about?"

"What, I can't watch a scary movie with two of my best friends ever?" Kai asked innocently.

"Yeah, but why us, specifically?" Lloyd asked, already taking up half the couch and tossing popcorn into his mouth. "You know Cole's just gonna scream like a girl throughout the whole thing."

"Hey!" Cole cried indignantly, swatting at Lloyd's head. "I do not scream like a girl! And quit hogging all the popcorn!"

Lloyd laughed and tossed a kernel at the black ninja, who expertly caught it with his mouth and used the distraction to sneak a handful out of the bowl. Lloyd gasped indignantly and immediately retaliated by throwing more popcorn at Cole's face, most of which ended up on the floor.

Kai quickly swiped the bowl out of the green ninja's hand before anymore of the precious treat was lost. "Alright, alright, enough," he grouched, sitting down on the opposite side of the couch. "Let's just start the movie already, before it gets too late."

"Are you sure that Lloyd's old enough to watch this?" Cole asked, shoving Kai's legs aside so that way he could sit down.

"Pfft, of course, it's only rated PG-13."

"Lloyd's only twelve!"

"Close enough!"

"And I have watched a rated R movie before..."

"You what?!"

"The Matrix shouldn't even be rated R, it's so cool! Plus it was Mor—Er, Mark's idea!"

"MARK YOU ARE SO DEAD WHEN I FIND YOU! AND I DON'T CARE YOU'RE ALREADY DEAD!"

"Ooookay, let's just start the movie," Kai interrupted, quickly turning on the TV.

The movie was your typical old cheesy horror movie--a group of kids consisting of two boys and a girl were staying in a haunted mansion on a dare. There was some kind of romantic subplot going on, and a whole of shenanigans as the trio tried to stay alive and out of the ghost's clutches.

Lloyd was enjoying the movie, laughing and letting out little screams of fright at almost all of the cheap jumpscares.

Kai admittedly was enjoying it too, though he made sure to point out all of the inaccuracies in the movie. "Oh c'mon," he scoffed at one point. "That's obviously wind coming from the window, it's not a ghost."

"Pfft, give me a break," he said at another. "Every house has its cold spots. It's not a ghost."

"Puh-lease," he rolled his eyes at yet another. "The sun's creating an image off of those curtains! It's not a ghost!"