Morro (2)

Once again, special shout out to my friend irl for helping with this chapter!

Buckle up, everyone! This chapter is a bit of a rollercoaster! So please sit back, relax, and enjoy reading!

~~~~~~~~ 

Morro felt...weird.

The worst part was he didn't know why. By all accounts, he should be feeling practically ecstatic. The Overlord was defeated, Ninjago was safe, and Lloyd ended up being a pretty damn good ninja(he was not calling him The Ultimate Spinjitzu Master, Pipsqueak's ego was too inflated already). While Morro could have done without turning evil against his will, he was glad that he at least played a role in saving the world.

And yet...he felt so restless. Training helped a little, but eventually the feeling came back, settling over him until he felt vaguely itchy (which unnerved him a little—when was the last time he had felt a sensation other than cold or pain?). He tried ignoring it, but it just wouldn't stop and he didn't know why—

Morro sighed and moodily sent a gust of wind into the air. "What the hell is wrong with me?" He muttered.

At that moment, he heard a small creak of wood. He moved, but not quite before something poked the bottom of his left foot.

"HEY!" He barked (totally not disguising a squeak), flipping upside down and glaring at the offender. "What is with you people and effing touching my feet?!"

"Well to be fair, it's a sure way to make you laugh," Cole replied, smoothly pulling himself up into the crow's nest. "And you look like you need a laugh, you've been moody all week. Well, moodier I guess."

"Eff off," Morro snapped, flipping the black ninja off. "I'm perfectly fine. Effing fantastic."

"Language," Cole scolded. "And let's be real: you're not fine. You've been more of a pain than usual. And that's saying something."

Morro rolled his eyes. "And what, pray tell, makes you think that?"

"You've been pranking and stealing Kai's stuff all week—"

"Porcupine was pissing me off."

"You stole Jay's tools and hid them for two days—"

"He was being annoying!"

"You insulted Zane's hoodie yesterday and didn't even attempt to apologize!" Cole held up his hand to ward off Morro's next quip. "Look, cut the act, alright? Be honest: what's wrong?"

Morro let out an explosive sigh. "If I knew, I might tell you."

Cole gave him an unreadable look, which made Morro feel vaguely (emphasis on 'vaguely') uncomfortable. "Paint a portrait, Brookstone," the ghost snapped. "It'll last longer."

"Technically, the phrase is 'take a picture' nowadays—"

"Does it look like I effing care?!"

"No, but—"

"For eff's sake—piss OFF, Brookstone!"

"Not before you tell me what's bothering you."

"I don't KNOW, ok?!" Morro finally exclaimed, throwing up his arms. "I feel restless and twitchy, and I don't. Effing. Know. WHY!"

The ghost turned his back to Cole, intent on ending the discussion there so he could resume brooding in peace.

Cole, apparently, had other ideas, as Morro suddenly felt himself being gently dragged down by his cape. "Hey!" He protested, trying to wiggle his way out. "What gives?!"